SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#369078 - 07/15/13 11:03 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Audya is for Henni and many others. Audya is not for Diki and many others. Problem solved! No charge for my incredible insight. smile
DonM

#369080 - 07/15/13 11:41 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... GREAT JOB !!! ... have you ever thought of being a psychiatrist or psychologist ??? bounce

#369081 - 07/15/13 11:49 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I thought about being a Gynecologist a lot.
DonM

#369083 - 07/15/13 11:54 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
rotfl

#369085 - 07/15/13 12:02 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Okay Diki,

I'll leave it at that. I think AJ is busy making a video demonstrating style modelling on the Audya. I think many will be AMAZED when they see this & the effect it has.

For instance why move a single drum part around if you can simply select another loop more suitable to your specific requirements? But then, don't bother, I know already - what you are looking for would not be among those libraries.

Yes, like DonM rightly says, the Audya is not for everyone. But for some it's the ultimate arranger currently available. I think many of the demos listed over here will make that clear. And some users like i.e. Sokratis use it at a top professional level. All Audya owners are not only make-believe musicians like me.

Anyway, keep well my friend, it's been fun debating these with you.

Henni

#369090 - 07/15/13 12:48 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Henni, we're not talking apples and apples. You're talking about a great machine and a great upgrade. You're right. I'm talking about a major business ethics violation. I'm right on that one, too.

You have chosen to buy the machine of your choice...GOOD FOR YOU!

I have chosen NOT to buy the machine of my choice.

Worst ethics violation(s) I've ever seen in the music business and I've been in it over 50 years.

Yamaha, Roland, Korg...ANY other manufacturer would have either fired the person involved on the spot, or NEVER entered an agreement where selling direct, against established dealers (and telling the customer...ME...not to tell a dealer)was allowed.

Either way, I'd NEVER have anything to do with EITHER the company, OR the individual.

You are giving a vested interest group valuable information about what you think is a great product. That's what a good "Zone" participant does.

I'm telling about a terrible business practice, thinking that prospective customers have the right to know, before making decisions. I feel it's my obligation to tell my associates here. That's also what a conscientious "zone" member should do.

Good luck with your Ketron product.

Wish me good luck with mine, because, when/if they break, guess who I "ain't" going to count on for repair?

Russ

#369091 - 07/15/13 01:09 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If I want to change the drum track on my Roland from a rock kit to a brush kit, it takes a few button presses. If I want to do the same on a Ketron, I have to search for EXACTLY the same beat, played on a different kit? Get real, for Pete's sake..!

Plus, let's be real here... most loop libraries are not based around the needs of an arranger player. And, pray tell me, how do I deal with the intros and outros. I bet you've got a good suggestion for how I replace those rock intros with brushes, don't you? No?

This is a VERY common scenario... you turn up to a low volume/energy gig, someone wants to hear some Springsteen, or a Clapton tune, you have the perfect style for it IF you were at high energy levels. With an Audya, you say 'sorry'. With a MIDI arranger, you change the kit to brushes, the bass and guitars to acoustic, and everyone is happy.

#369096 - 07/15/13 01:41 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

No Diki,

Wrong AGAIN!!! Tx to a guy called "Henni" the Audya has as many midi styles as your BK9, no, let me correct myself. It has many, many more as it has a 120GB SSD on board. I haven't counted, but I suspect in the region of 30 000 or more...

So one would simply choose a midi style for the occasion and then do exactly as you suggested. Easy as pie.

Russ,

I cannot comment any more than I did before. I am NOT a dealer. I have NO idea how they see things like these. My testimony is not from a dealer point of view, only from that of a end user. I have no intention of becoming a dealer, so these things are of no relevance to me.

What I care about is to have my problems sorted out as & when I get them and this has been outstanding thus far from two different resources. Thus I am extremely happy with Ketron's support.

Henni

#369100 - 07/15/13 01:53 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I see. Ethical violations have no relevance to you and do not influence your business decisions.

Well, they mean A WHOLE LOT to me, and, I suspect, a good number of Synthzone members.

Good luck. Enjoy your Ketron product.

Russ

#369101 - 07/15/13 01:59 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: captain Russ]
Henni Offline

Russ,

You know very little about me. Two months ago I bough a vehicle for a bargain. I paid cash on the spot. The next month I approach the seller, told him he sold it to me for too little, & compensated him the rest of a fair price.

This week we bought a pedigree dog. After paying, the seller told me that the person placing the add advertised it for too little. I took his banking detail & made arrangements to pay the rest.

Yet, in spite of this, everywhere we go others take us for a ride. We sue NO one, so we just get over sulking & carry on with our lives. You will not believe everything that has happened to us this year alone. Yet we still make sure NO one ever suffers any loss as a result of us.

You can accuse me of many things, but here you are WAY out of line my friend. You will NEVER find me involved in ANY form of corruption. Not now, not before and NEVER ever!!!

We live for the down & outs and feed & clothe the poor out of my own income. And I am not young anymore. I am still corresponding today as I have to work all the way through the night. I earn my income in a hard working & in an honest way.

Henni

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online