BluesPlayer,

I have an ES7, and its working fine with OMB 7.1.
I have had the same problem that you mention where you get a hickup after the variations. Like it never returns perfectly in sync. But its not the ES. ITs actually the fact that too much midi commands or something is being sent to it, so it cant process it fast enough before you get back to what ever variation you wanna go back to.

This is exactly what happened to me in one of a Korg styles called Tejano. Actually, Rikki, im the guy that you fixed that style for. It had so much stuff in it, that that was the culprit for me getting those sync and hickups issues. Once Rikki fixed it for me, and I got it back and played it, it worked like a dream. All I had to do is adjust my volume levels, I could even choose any of the drum kits in the ES presets. One thing that really helps with the ES is that most if not all of the drumkits follow the GM standard setup, so the sounds sound right.

Im still learning though, but I make sure that I use the ES in SONG MODE. ThaT way I can go track by track and change the instruments to which ever preset ES instruments I want to use. THe only bummer so far, is that somehow the Mega voices dont sound right while using them with OMB. I dont know how to make them sound right. But the other sounds sound so nice that its ok. So far im getting good results, but I have yet to learn to do exactly what Rikki did. And she said it was all done in OMB. So I know it can be done.

regards,

Musikman

Musikman
Email:
Musikman4Christ@yahoo.com