Thanks Rikki. I might try Version 8, but I'm not sure it will help. I pretty much have tried much of what you do btw, including replacing the OMB ins file with one I made for the ES. I've even preset the patches in the ES before I play the style and then turned off reception of external patch and bank data from within the ES. I also just tried using OMB in the GM mode, and then just using the Motif's GM patches. Nothing helps.

What's worse, the ES is different from most other GM apps. It uses 1-128 as it's steps for controller data. Pretty much everything else uses 0-127. Even in GM mode it receives the wrong data.

I suspect the ES just doesn't "like" the sysex data within the Yamaha styles, or OMB doesn't like the data that the ES`send back to it. Of course I need to output midi back into OMB, because I use the ES controllers to change variations, fills, etc.

I sent Jos a style I made strictly for the ES, and he could not reproduce the problem on any of his sound modules. I don't think he has an ES though.

I think the problem lies within the the ES, not OMB. I don't have the same problems with any of my software modules, nor does it happen when I use the PA80 as both the module and controller. I also have some issues with FL studio when I use the ES as both module and controler. Again, no issues with FL and the PA80 or any software modules. I can use the ES as a controller with no problems in both OMB and FL, as long as I use other modules, but even then, the ES sequencer doesn't always sync up properly with FL. Again, no similar problems with the PA80.

Starkeeper, I use the Tele Mutes and Tones soundfont, so yes I can play leads. I do have one Guitar "chord" soundfont, the Vintage Guild, and yes, I can play it live.

AJ