Hi AJ,
wow, I'd thought about trying to edit one of the GM fonts and replace sounds so I could come up with my ideal font ( like Frank and you apparently) but I'd still be trying to get it right in 10 years time. I never know when to stop and say "well, I think I've finally got it right". haahaa.

I used to have glitches in the earlier version of omb/clavinova, I just put it down to my old laptop. By the time I got my new laptop I was up to version 7 and no more glitches, I just assumed it was because of the new laptop.

Some of the things I do when I edit styles is
try and have the tracks match up throughout te style ie I keep piano's on just say track 12, guitars on track 13, doesn't matter which track they're on , just where possible, I try match throughout the style.

I also try and use the "control data colum" for program changes, volume changes etc rather than having all this info in the events list where possible. Since it's a global setting, it doesn't always work out unless, as above, piano's are all on the same track throughout and they have same volume etc etc . I just figured that maybe having all this control data in the events list, could cause a glitch?

I also try and delete useless tracks within a style. Somebody sent me a korg conversion to psr style. Couldn't beleive the no. of tracks this style used. Realized that over half of them weren't needed for use in omb ie tracks for min variations, and 7ths variations.
I never delete tracks from a genuine psr style, though.

I also edited an .ins file for the clavinova ( only works in omb, not cakewalk)

Still prefer to use my clavinova as a sound source, it apparently has 36mb sample for it's piano voice alone, 54mb for it's 38 panel voices, but only 10mb for xg voices. ( can't have everything I suppose). The fonts are really handy though, because of the portability of the laptop. So I still persevere with both.

Might be worth while checking out the demo of version 8 and see if you still get gliches with the es, just in case it is the software version.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
[B]The one thing that did not work so well was trying to use the Motif ES as my OMB module. It seems no matter how I set it up, I notice a slight hiccup when changing style variations. I've tried a number of fixes, including reworking patch and bank, and other controller data of entire styles to better fit the ES. Nothing I can do seems to help.

AJ

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022