Somewhere inside there is a part of me that wants to say .. It's sooooo wrong.. I worked my %&^ off to make my chops what they are and aren't today. But, in another way that would be rather contradictory too. Times DO change and I do use the tools available to do a pretty fair emulation of a flute or a sax via my keyboards. I'd have no business trying to play the real thing anywhere but in my basement where noone else would have to be subjected to it.

I also like that thje possibility exists that maybe, just maybe, good musicians / songwriters trying to put something out there that people can enjoy can now escape the death grip of the traditional process of making a CD and having to try to get a record company deal. I loved the music of the 60s and 70s, but I don't wanna go back to that era. Back then so often I heard how the music of that era sucked too compared to what was around before it. ( Old School is right on the money.. a good bit of it did )

Record sales have fallen recently. Maybe a lot of that coincides with the economy being a little less fertile than it had been for quite a while, but maybe also people are finally seeking alternative ways to get to music that they are not being offered via traditional mediums.

AJ