Thanks A LOT Uncle Dave. Now I can't get that &^%$#@! Jetsons theme out of my head. Oh well, guess maybe if I PLAY the melody a few times on the keys and make a synth sound up for the stupid little whoosh of the spaceship... maybe I'll get sick of it and it'll go away.

I kinda am stuck in that 70's funk / blues era though too a lot UD. I'm not that " when I was young " kinda guy either. It's just that I'm sure that I remember years ago I could turn on a radio on FM and actually find a station somewhere that played something different other than the top 40 top 100 or whatever. I know that when I mention this, one might think that I'm straying in a different direction than the topic, but actually I'm not. I was inspired to learn different techniques and styles BECAUSE of what I was able to hear as a kid.

Sometimes I'll give a listen to what's out there on things like Spinner Plus and other internet mediums. There is a lot of good music out there yet. It's just that you'll rarely EVER hear any of it from the force fed garbage radio stations here in the US. Every morning if I turn on the radio I can sample what radio wants our our vast culture to become by listening to the radio and programs like " Howard Stern " or some moronic morning zoo crew ( What major market here doesn't have at least one of those ? )

Heck, listen to a few commercial foreign stations online. Some sound just like ours, but then others, hmm I can still find some magical stuff.

This is what our current mediums force feed our kids. There is virtually NOTHING out there that I hear coming from our mass media that encourages creativity or individuality, so what motivates them to learn playing an instrument ? If we as parents, teachers, instructors, and generally people who are "carrying the ball" aren't capable or in some cases even willing to try to do it even if it's just by helping to open their minds to new or different experiences, then I suspect nothing will. The money driven media isn't going to do the job for us. A huge part of the challenge includes making it interesting and fresh enough to grab and sustain their interest.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-11-2002).]