Gary, I mean no disrespect but house painting, private garbage collection, lawn maintenance, dog walking, in fact, practically anything can be a business. None of these things reflects the expression of feelings and emotions, the innate requirements of things like pitch and timing (rhythm), or the harmonic interplay that gives music it's sonic signature. This is my view of music which makes it difficult for me to view it as just 'a business'. Sure, it may be a major component in variety of businesses, but it itself is NOT a business (in my view). Of course this attitude that (for you) 'music is a business', would make you not a musician but a businessman. But even so, doesn't a successful business have an obligation to produce the best possible product, or is it 'profit first, product be damned'?

On the other thing, yes, I've played semi-professionally (ie. never full time) for the last 50 years until I retired from playing publicly about 3-4 years ago. I've stayed active (for fun) with some local retired and semi-retired professionals.

Equipment wise, I have finally outgrown 'gas' attacks (well, as soon as I get my digital piano smile ) and mostly spend my fun playing time on my Crumar SEVEN (with my grandson on guitar or sax). Enjoyed your last video although it made me a little sad. Have a good day.

chas