Originally Posted By ekurburski
Remind me again why I should just stay wiyh my 3000.

Because your Mirage might get self conscious about its age without the 3000 for company? 😂

All joking aside, there’s really only one ‘good’ reason to upgrade… does the new keyboard immediately and with no extra work on your behalf help you play far better than you already can? 🎹😎

For me, as a serious fan of using chord sequencers to free up my left hand, I’d suggest that feature alone is worth the upgrade, but if you’re not a big bender user or a strong comper with the LH, it might not be that big a deal.

But all in all, I think there’s enough very significant progress between the 3000 and the SX for an upgrade to be worth the money (as you’ve already missed three or so generations of incremental progress). All the extra insert effects, Revo drum kits (quite the game changer to the overall punchlines of Yamaha styles), chord sequencer, etc. can make a significant change.

But…

Other than brand new styles, if you import your legacy data and just play that, you’re going to hear little difference. Until you edit all your old stuff to use the new sounds, new kits, insert effects on style Parts etc. you are still basically playing your old keyboard. I think this is why so many get a bit underwhelmed with newer arrangers… they’re still playing their old registrations and wondering why they aren’t hearing a massive improvement.

There’s no silver bullet. A new arranger means a boatload of work converting all your old stuff if you want to be wowed by how much better it sounds…