Originally Posted By DonM
I do have lyrics on laptop but seldom use them. On the occasions when I do need them, I don't want the audience to see me looking at the laptop anyway. My PA4X has a nice large display where I can pull up any needed text either manually or by Songbook. Scrolling is assigned to both a button and a foot switch, whichever happens to be most convenient at the time.
I have at least 4,000 text files and a large part of my income is derived from doing requests. Text display is essential for me, but I understand not everyone cares about this, so use whatever is best suited for YOU. smile

I understand...I was suggesting an alternative for the BK9.. I also rather not have any display or monitor that the audience can see.. I also prefer to sing to SMF's... so I have no need for text files.. Also the lyrics added to my MP3's (my old band for example) and real backing vocals.. works well on the EA7 and BK9... again no visible monitor and no dead time..

Nothing wrong with what works for you, and I would take advantage of text files..... if I thought I needed them..

PS. I also like to use SMF's to read chord changes... The Roland boards show them a measure ahead.. Very useful.

One of the reasons you don't find any Korg's in my stable.. smile