My first impression of my Roland BK9..

This is my opinion and I am going to compare it to other brands that I have played...
If my opinions bothers you... skip my post. grin

I purchased a Roland Juno Stage when they came out several years ago..because I liked the semi weighted keybed..

The BK9 is the identical keybed, and one of the strongest features to want a BK9..

The drawbar organ and Leslie simulation .. are tops in any arranger keyboard and most wanna be Hammond organ clones..

The BK9 edges out the G70 drawbar organ with added controls and superior Leslie source..
The G70 was easily the best of the bunch prior to the BK9.

The BK9 is feature packed with benefits not found on the G70 and collectively on any other keyboard..

Roland retained the 16 track sequencer (missing on the EA7)..
added the Chord sequencer (missing on the G70 and EA7).

The operating system is not bad on the BK9, although I think in some areas the EA7 has the edge..
The G70 still easily rules with the touch screen.

The sounds on the BK9 exceed the EA7, thanks to the Super Natural content...
but in my opinion there is a quality I hear in the G70,
that sounds better.. The EA7 and BK9 are among the best sound offerings today..
Korg don't match up, and you need to move up to Genos (Yamaha)
to compete... and the G70 is another step above..

With the Media player, and USB facilities, also the audio keys... it is hard not to like the BK9.

The mic and effects are great (phantom power)..

Pedal options are good, other common feature with the G70, D Beam,
assign pedals, performances (user programs) are there..

Six fills (3 up and 3 down) Missing from EA7.

G70 is still the best keybed, but the BK9 is a close second and very playable .. Better than Korg even the PA4x..

Even with the abundance of features on the BK9 there are more on the G70 that are missing on the BK9,
Like aftertouch, separate outs, singer key , guitar mode, covers and harmonizer..

I like the light weight of the BK9 (20 pounds).. and is a quality instrument..

If I could only have one instrument it will be the G70..

I am sure the BK9 will grow on me as I get familiar with it... as the EA7 did (Pads and sampling worked well).

There were a few quirks with the EA7, that don't seem to be on the BK9.

After my time on the Korg PA4x , PA900 and PA1000... I made the right choice with the BK9.

It is all about the sound and the BK9 delivers..in a light package..

The bummer...… Roland has something coming that most likely will make the BK9 available for sale..

I will continue my review after I spend more time with it..