Originally Posted By: guitpic1
My dream tablet will be one that is at least 12"(diagonal), has USB ports and the ability to add flash memory as well as a keyboard dock station.

The iPad pro sounds like a possibility but I'm guessing Samsung(or some Android/Google) will be there first with all that and more in the coming months...for a lot less $$$.

Here's the thing that amazes me....a bit of an explanation first as someone who used Apple as a teacher..12 years and then went to Windows/Android when I worked in industry(25 years)and now uses Apple(again)as a teacher since retiring and going back into ed.

Android(read Samsung or whatever) has a lot more capability, is easier to work with(and I'm saying this as an iPad owner),is twice as flexible memory wise as about anything Apple.

I finally bought an Apple iPad this year because about everyone I work with in Ed(teachers/administrators)...uses Apple...has since they were 5 years old or started school.

And, of course, for a price, Apple has apps that work with my Tyros 4...but then so does Android.

Apple was the smartest of all...going back to the early 1980's...I was there. Apple put their P.C's in schools. I had the Apple IIc for my kids. My kids learned on Apple...guess what they use?

smile

There is a great tablet that fits your needs...

Microsoft surface pro 3....

And you can run apps on it, as well as professional windows software..

Its also more expensive then an ipad, but with the added keyboard it is the best of 2 worlds..

Edited by Bachus (03/08/15 11:20 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net