Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Someone just did an experiment of controling vArranger with an iPhone, iPad or Android device and the TouchOSC application
The feedback is working too ! This is very nice

Dan, there is also Emulator Pro for windows which does the same.

However, where the iupad app costs €5, the windows program costs €150 and in the end both are just as usefull...

For Varranger you can have your ipad taped to your midi controller, giving you an extra controll surface, directly at hand... not only for Varranger, but also for anything else you can controll over midi... like VST's or your note reasder program. In the end the Ipad is much more mobile then your big PC screen..

Keep in mind however, that having a master keyboard with many buttons, sliders, pads and knobs will allways be the preferred way of input for most of us.... I as a player would allways want to have my most important functions placed on physical elements.. but adding TouchOSC on an ipad or android tablet adds so many possibiliities on top of that...

As i said, it is my favourite ipad app... a good example is a surface that controlls a sequencer... it has 4 main buttons.... and functions like the chord sequencer of my Tyros 5.. RECORD, PlAY (1 time), LOOP, SAVE, (and 8 save positions to recall.. and a clean button)... in the end its just a trick, the save positions are not really save positions, but they are tracks in the sequencer. so if i want to save a project, it actually needs to be done in the sequencer. However, i can open a fresh project from a button on the ipad..

So basically its very very simple to create stuff..

Edited by Bachus (02/28/15 10:11 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net