Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
An Ipad cannot do anything for me - I don't own one. However, tonight at the marina gig, I watched as a player stumbled through his I-pad trying to find Piano Man, which he said he had stored on the phone. He spent the better part of five to six minutes trying to find it, during which time the audience was on the border of getting up and leaving. I found the song on my laptop in two seconds, but he also needed the chords to play it on his guitar. I couldn't help him with those because they're in my head. He was a reader. I could have gone online and clicked on Chordie and got what he needed in about 20 seconds, which to most audiences is considered a lifetime.

Gary cool

Gary, this says everything about the player and nothing about the ipad, on my ipad inselect artist (billy joel) and then song piano man... I can do that trick in few secconds for 1) midi 2) text 3) musical notes/chords 4) mp3

Its called preperation, and offcourse musical knowledge... However i can also browse easilly dor pArt of the title If i dont know the artist... But theb in geberal if indont know the artist the song is not on my phone

Chordie is browser based and works just as well on iphone, ioad or an android device .. I can even make an icon on my phone that makes the ipad open chordie just like any app. I tested it and took me 15 secconds once inhad created the shortcut on my page

So blame the person and not the ipad....

Edited by Bachus (02/28/15 09:34 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net