Originally Posted By: Bachus

Sad things .... How can those synthworkstation people call style files non creative, while they themselves use midifiles that are even less creative then playing with styles...

Personally i think arrangers are the best for replaying music otheres created, and vpfir rearranging that music to give it your own soul and arrangeemnts..

If you look at the power within just one style file...

You have, for example on my Tyros4, eleven sections to work with (counting intros and endings) so variations can be as mild or as wild as the style creator (or editor) wishes. Most sections have up to 32 bars available.

Plus, you aren't limited to using one style within a song...you can use several, each with its 11 variations.

I agree that future workstations will be mainly software based except for a few die-hards. Arrangers, however, will transition to software based units much slower, although we can now see the beginnings with the many apps for I-Pads and the like.

Maybe I'm an old thinker, but I really like how arrangers are presented as they are today...with nice keybeds, expressive wheels and joy-sticks, super readable screens and a friendly user interface. I hope they don't change too much from the present format.

I play at least two hours a day just for my own entertainment, as well as using the instrument to supplement my income...so I'm pretty happy with the status quo.

Ian