Originally Posted By: DonM
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Lets be honest all were doing is operating an automatic computerized music player or sorts and controlling parts just like a Dj would do which is mainstream now.

I respectfully disagree, Donny, in that while I may be "operating an automatic computerized music player or sorts and controlling parts" , it is MY PLAYING that is doing that ... if I screw up, that computerized music player screws up as well ...
And even though FORBES list of "Top Earning Musicians" includes several DJs - at earnings of well over $50 million for the year surprised rolleyes - I will not include them as 'musicians' in my thinking ...
When I go out for musical entertainment, I look for 'live musicians', even if it is a OMB, over a DJ ...

I respect the fact that you and several others on this forum have had to incorporate DJing into your entertainment profile in order to keep up with current trends and continue to make a living in the music field, but I am just as happy that I am at a stage in MY life where doing that is not necessary ...

Amen!

Exactly Don but no one cares or do they know what your doing up on stage & why should they? It's only what they hear that matters. Operating computers is what we do in any way shape or form which still takes talent of which no one understands but the player. I think 30 years of arranger kb playing is not a bad record we had a good run so far... but all things come to an end frown and Arranger KB will soon face this in one way or another to make room for the next greatest form of musical creation. Denial wont change anything.....
just keep on doing what we do, what ever way we do, and enjoy it. cool2