Again, the potential of the arranger is only limited by the talent and creativity of the player...which is much the same for all instruments, including piano and organ.

I liked the flexibility of my Electones (D-85, HX-1, E-75) especially the three manual versions, but since I also wanted to play out on gigs as well as at home, the arranger was far more feasible, especially so since they have really added some incredible features and styles.

As far as boring bass lines...that's what the instrument's Style Creator is for...making more interesting bass lines and other components of the style. You have up to at least 32 bars (over 4 Variations) to put in whatever you think will be more interesting. Then, of course, there is the addition of bass pedals if so wished.

Storage is no longer an issue, so if a player so wished, he/she could use several styles during a tune.

The arranger has a sequencer like a workstation, but I like being able to incorporate a style (or use it as a basis) for recordings, whether at home or in the studio...I also have the use of multi-pads.

The Tyros4 replaced several keyboards we used in the studio, and it not only makes a great controller, it works well being operated by a weighted action controller.

By far, the nicest aspect of the arranger, is to be able to sit down, switch on, pick a style and play a complete tune, using whatever chords I want and in whatever arrangement (or genre) I choose to play.

As I said earlier, its immediacy is one of its best features, but certainly not its only feature.

Ian