Hi Domenico.

Inside the LSCP file there are two lines that say the following......

Quote:
ADD MIDI_INSTRUMENT_MAP 'Chromatic'
and further down it says....
ADD MIDI_INSTRUMENT_MAP 'Drum Kits'

Do I have to include those two lines in the file ?

As you know after “MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT” the first number defines the sound as an instrument or a percussion sound. 0 being an instrument and 1 being a drum kit.

So why the need for the two lines above ?

I'm only asking because of the drag & drop ability of my program the data needs to be dynamic for each sound in the database, but those two lines are not dynamic and they are also not headers. They need to be in an active area of my progarm, but being static they are causing me problems.

If I have to write them in, then will the MS/Groove read the information like this....

Quote:
# MIDI instrument map 0 - Chromatic
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 1 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/GrandPiano.gig' 127 PERSISTENT 'Grand Piano'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 2 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/BrightPiano.gig' 127 ON_DEMAND 'Bright Piano'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 3 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/ElectricGrandPiano.gig' 127 ON_DEMAND 'Electric Grand Piano'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 4 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/HonkyTonk.gig' 127 ON_DEMAND 'Honky Tonk'

And even have Drums and Instruments mixed together in a list like that.

I think it should work, but hey... you will know for sure. I'd prefer to not have to include it at all, but if the MS/Groove will read the file this way, then I can proceed.

If not... I have to come up with a new way of handling data internally.

Regards
James