Hi Dennis.

Quote:
On the LSCP file on the MS, where you have the 127, it has 0 0.9 instead, and this is repeated for all 127 patches.

Yeah... I'll need Domencio to explain how his value relates to volume. I need to know what are the defined ranges. I had assumed it was normal midi, but it's clearly not.

Also... why are there 3 values in the LSCP file ?
0 0.9 ? and why not just 0.9 for volume ?

Linuxsampler.org is not clear on this either. They don't define the ranges at all.

Quote:
I also notice you have a "variation" tab. What control method are you (Lionstracs?) using to access the higer banks, if there any to access?

From what I understand {1,127,127} is just how Linux Sampler reads the data. There's no MSB/LSB as such.

In {1,127,127} the first number defines the type of sound it is. 0 for Instrument, 1 for Drum Kit. Second number is the variation or the so called MSB/LSB 0-127, and the last number is the program number 0-127.

I could be wrong on the MSB/LSB 0-127 though. Need Domenico to explain how this is implemented.

Quote:
One last question, will your editor eventually be able to do the same if a user wanted to use VST instruments, instead of GIGA? And if its a yes, will a new format (not LSCP) be needed to do so? Or from your knowledge can the LSCP be amended?

Right now the 3 files the program can generate are totally specific to Linux Sampler and Giga files. You can't use this file to call up other things as the only program reading from the files will be Linux Sampler.

To edit VSTi's assigned to Programs would require the program to be expanded to edit and generate other files in other folders on the MS/Groove which are specific to VSTi's.

All of which is totally possible. I've designed the program that when I want to update it or add entirely new functions, all I need to do is issue you guys with an update patch. You open the program, go to “File” and select “update” and load the patch issued through the menu displayed at this point. This will update the entire program without it even needing to be restarted

Regards
James.