Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
But those who purchased an XK3c won't be sitting around lusting after the 'next great thing' and will probably never even think about upgrading.

Well, I won't need to be upgrading once, or better, if, I get a Tyros4...I plan on keeping it for a very long time...probably be my last arranger.

The T4 has a terrific Hammond sound, and of course, the XK3c has no styles I can play with and edit and make my own.

As an aside, and concerning the Tyros3 to Tyros4; Yamaha did this back in the mid-90's with the PSR-7000 and two years later, the PSR-8000 came out...nearly identical cabinets, but the 8K was so much more under the hood...a whole huge level above.

I bought an 8000 and kept it quite awhile, but finally, the two variation styles, and the limited editing made me want something else..

The Tyros3 tempted me, but I kept an S910 for my own use, and waited for the next Tyros, and I am very glad I did.

The scat voices, the vocal sounds, the terrific new SA pianos...Chas, it is a significant upgrade for those who like Yamaha's sound, and I do.

There's nothing stopping me from buying a second hand B-3 for my home later on...my place is quite big and my living room/studio has lots of space for jams.

For the last while, I've been playing a vintage B-3 ('57-'58 I think) in a jam band, and that's what tempted me towards the XK3c.

So, that's why I believe the Tyros4 will be "the one"...of course, I have to play it for awhile before I make that final decision...it's not set in stone yet.

If I don't get it, I'll keep the S910, and get an XK3c Pro system....at least that's the plan...for now.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-17-2010).]