TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!

Posted by: Dnj

TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 08:04 AM

http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=2362

50 DEMO videos

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-17-2010).]
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 09:49 AM

WOW! I should probably get one for when I retire--absolutely incredible.

Thanks for posting the link,

Gary
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 09:56 AM

Thanks Donny...I'm getting weak...the wallet is opening...the card is coming out...

Great demos, eh?

Those scat voices are incredible.

Ian
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 10:47 AM

I knew it would worth be holding on to that cash from the sale of my PA2xpro!! Thanks be that money didn't burn a hole in my pocket. Anyone interested buying in a year old s910? Well not until I get to our buddy Frankieve's to pick up my new board

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-17-2010).]
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 11:04 AM

Well, now I have intention of selling my old Roland which only use the scat voices. My 910 now has a good successor .
Tks Donny
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 11:45 AM

You guys are so use to the Yamaha sounds the last 10-15 years, that as soon as they finally come out with sounds that Roland has had for 10 years..you are amazed..

First, I think it is great that Yamaha has finally come out with some vocal and scat sounds that are not embarrassing..

I just listened to the 50 demos..again..

Great compared to previous models (sounds)..but absolutely no better than I can find on my "old piggy" G70..

Piano, organ, Orchestral/horn, drums, vocal and scat...are still better on the G70..

If you doubt it ..bring your Yamaha over to my place and I will prove it..

With the "studio card" I have installed...the guitars, basses, brass..all equal or better the Tyros models...

and most important the old G70 is still the best over all....Sequencer, style edits, SMF play/features and just the real band sound..is still unbeatable..Add the key feel and range...
and I am still content...with zero interest in Tyros4...even if they made the undersized 76 key-bed...(Still the only company with the narrow width keys...that loose an inch in 5 octaves..compared to all others..).

Yes the Tyros4 will be a great board for most Yamaha fans..but I can guarantee ..most Roland G70 and Ketron SD1 /Audya..owners will pass...again..

As others have said...enjoy what you play....but drop the hype nonsense..we can hear and compare..

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 12:07 PM

Fran I had a G70 and I have to say it sounded great probably the best action and key size of any arranger. It's too bad the OS was so 20th century otherwise there was a chance I would have kept it. Korg's Songbook and OS was beyond it and I believe the new MFD system for creating gig playists ( something I use all the time) will be the same as what's on the s910. Very flexible and creating an MFD entry is simple.

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
WOW! I should probably get one for when I retire--absolutely incredible.

Thanks for posting the link,

Gary

Gary go for it ......life is too short!!!

THE TIME IS NOW!!!

Then we can hear it at the jam

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Thanks Donny...I'm getting weak...the wallet is opening...the card is coming out...

Great demos, eh?

Ian

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Diki

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 12:40 PM

Quote:

Ian

They were even more incredible well over ten years ago, on my Kurzweil:
http://reviews.sonikmatter.com/features/take6/wide_ensemble1.mp3 http://reviews.sonikmatter.com/features/take6/Dow_dry.mp3 http://reviews.sonikmatter.com/features/take6/Doodot_dry.mp3 http://reviews.sonikmatter.com/features/take6/doshah_hatloops.mp3 (play this one all the way through! All done entirely with vocal samples

The Take 6 samples were SO good, it was tough to use them! They made everything sound like Take 6 Then again, not a bad thing if you WERE trying to sound like Take 6

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-17-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 01:11 PM

last thing I would ever use is scat voices, no bneed for them at all... abosolutley for me a non issue as is the
76 key thing....

next

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
They were even more incredible well over ten years ago, on my Kurzweil:

These are very, very nice Diki...what are the styles like?

Ian
Posted by: leeboy

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 01:20 PM

Donny...So you don't even care about one of the BIG deals on te T4...scat, & vocals??

Diki..+1 My K2600X has the take six installed..superb.

Ian, The Kurzweil is NOT an arranger at all.
Workstation only...no styles. PRO all the way. Probably still the best sounds on the planet from a KBD.
Lee S.

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

Ian, The Kurzweil is NOT an arranger at all.
Workstation only...no styles.

Yep, they were mighty fine scat voices...all you have to do is take your Kurzweil along and put on or under your main arranger.

The Kurz has some nice strings and pianos too.

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
last thing I would ever use is scat voices, no bneed for them at all... abosolutley for me a non issue as is the
76 key thing....

next

The Roland Scat is velocity switched..so you need to learn how to play them...you need a dynamic touch on a great key bed to use them...not your wide open style you like...Even touch sensitive is not needed in your style...
Same with piano sounds...and why we need sustain pedals...

I know you like full throttle brass sounds...that is fine with arranger background...but when we turn off the auto stuff..."touch comes into play"..especially piano and yes Scats too....

And for this style of playing..76 keys are a must too..

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
The Roland Scat is velocity switched..so you need to learn how to play them...you need a dynamic touch on a great key bed to use them...not your wide open style you like...Even touch sensitive is not needed in your style...
Same with piano sounds...and why we need sustain pedals...

I know you like full throttle brass sounds...that is fine with arranger background...but when we turn off the auto stuff..."touch comes into play"..especially piano and yes Scats too....

And for this style of playing..76 keys are a must too..

We all have our styles of play and choices of gear..bottom line lets hear what anyone has to offer musically...... all the BS talk also means squat to me.....music is to be heard not bullshitted constantly. Take what ever is anyone's gear record a piece of music/vocal etc, and show it off.......
then we can talk about it shall we ?......
Scats, Pedals, 76 keys all useless to me...... who cares?...that's the way I play...you people do it different so what? doesnt make it right especially if you cant hear what your talking about?...But the minute I ask for an example to explain everyone shuts up ....weird eh?....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-17-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Great compared to previous models (sounds)..but absolutely no better than I can find on my "old piggy" G70..

I'm glad to hear you are content with that wonderful G-70, Fran...it was an awesome keyboard in it's day, so it makes sense to keep it.

Besides, having that R o land tattoo on your bum removed would be a pain in the...well, you know.

And some day, that G-70 is going to be worth hundreds of dollars.

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:02 PM

Quote:
I'm glad to hear you are content with that wonderful G-70, Fran...it was an awesome keyboard in it's day, so it makes sense to keep it.

Besides, having that [b]R o land
tattoo on your bum removed would be a pain in the...well, you know.

And some day, that G-70 is going to be worth hundreds of dollars.

Ian[/B]

It's worth hundreds now..about $1,900..
Posted by: cgiles

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:02 PM

Don't want to sound too critical but I'm sorta' like Fran, I frankly don't see what all the excitement is about (especially at five grand). These are my honest-to-god unbiased observations.

Although the demos sound ok (like something from the bargain bin in the record store), I have yet to hear a end-user presentation that anyone would recognize as coming from the same instrument. In other words, if your stuff didn't sound great on the Tyros, Tyros II, or Tyros III, it ain't gonna sound great on the Tyros IV either. Even on these professional demos, it sounds like absolutely no humans were involved. I know it sounds like I'm trashing Yamaha, and in a way, I guess I am, but this is the most un-organic (non-organic???) music I think I've ever heard. To me, it sounds like music composed by, performed by, and produced (mixed and mastered) by, a computer from a 'B' space movie.

I know there are those that like Yamaha's CD-like, processed sound, and some that hate it. Those that like it should be in sonic heaven, as this sound has now been taken to the ultimate end. Those that hate it may be heading for a Yamaha distribution center in a truck loaded with fertilizer.

Like I said, I'm not biased, but for goodness sake, save yourselves some money; buy a CD player and start heading for that bargain bin (look under 'imports').

chas
Posted by: saxxman

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:12 PM

Guys-WOW! Yep....sounds terrific!!! I knew there was a reason I skipped T3. Might not be able to fight off this one! Love the sounds!

Randy

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I know there are those that like Yamaha's CD-like, processed sound, and some that hate it. Those that like it should be in sonic heaven, as this sound has now been taken to the ultimate end.

True, Chas, it is by far the best Yamaha has made.

I've always liked Yamaha's sound, beginning with the big old Electones, and their DX-synths, and now, in more recent years, the Tyros and PSR.

They are slicker than frog hair, especially this last one.

I may be retiring in full next year, so this would make a great parting gift (from me to me).

Of course, I'm rather broad-minded when it comes to keyboards so I like other sounds as well...Roland, the early Korgs, and of course Hammond...I nearly bought an XK3c pro system, but the Tyros4 will be more versatile, and I can't afford both.

Ian
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:16 PM

Hi all,

Well, certainly a beautiful sounding keyboard no doubt about it, very many people will be happy with it.

As for me though - a very satisfied T3 owner - I will be more than happy keeping the T3 as I see absolutely no mad panic to upgrade especially since most of the things that has been improved on the T4 wasn't what I wanted improved for me to justify upgrading which is a shame!

Still, I am really looking forward to reading the reviews here!

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 09-17-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
Guys-WOW! Yep....sounds terrific!!! I knew there was a reason I skipped T3. Might not be able to fight off this one! Love the sounds!

Randy

Randy can't wait to hear your songs which I love on the T4 !! At least your one of the few that don't BS & share your music & rightly so.. thanx

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
Hi all,

Well, certainly a beautiful sounding keyboard no doubt about it, very many people will be happy with it.

As for me though - a very satisfied T3 owner - I will be more than happy keeping the T3 as I see absolutely no mad panic to upgrade especially since most of the things that has been improved on the T4 wasn't what I wanted improved for me to justify upgrading which is a shame!

Still, I am really looking forward to reading the reviews

Danny....Those demos don't even scratch the surface of what's NEW inside the T4......Im just happy something finally has taken our minds off the Audya hoopla the past few weeks
Posted by: leezone

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:30 PM

i gotta give it to Yamaha for making the BEST demos

but i'm still glad i got the AUDYA4,

the T4 would not fit in for my type of music
and i'm loving my drummer

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:31 PM

Yeah I hear ya Dnj, but my problem is Yamaha have improved things that I felt were fantastic anyway and haven't really done much on the things that I felt probably needed improving. Maybe it's me but I still sense from hearing the demo's that the Dance music on this thing won't be any different to what's on the T3 - an area that no arranger has really done well in to be fair so it isn't just Yamaha.

The R&B / Hip Hop stuff in the demo's are about 5 years out of date as is the Funky House stuff on the T3.

There is so much said about the drums. My take on this though I think Yamaha's drums are excellent except for when it comes to Dance music, they sound toy-ish, as does the Korg's & the Audya for that matter. Is Dance music THAT hard to replicate?

I guess I've always dreamed of a keyboard that was exceptional all the way round as I like to play all kinds of music genres. I can make my T3 sound authentic most of the time - but when it comes to Dance music you can still hear it doesn't sound authentic enough. Same with the T4 thus far, that Hip Hop demo was a sub standard "50 Cent" wannabe...

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 09-17-2010).]
Posted by: cgiles

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:39 PM

Quote:
...I nearly bought an XK3c pro system, but the Tyros4 will be more versatile, and I can't afford both.

Ian

But those who purchased an XK3c won't be sitting around lusting after the 'next great thing' and will probably never even think about upgrading. The only way I'd upgrade my C1 is if they added drawbars (also wish they had made the pedal unit lighter and cheaper (and available ).

chas

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:40 PM

I will say though, the ChillPerformer style is probably the best style I've ever heard, certainly in the Cafe Del Mar league now.
Posted by: Morten Jonassen

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 02:53 PM

They should have changed the name from Tyros to Yamaha Scat Doo Bloddy Bah! Why on earth have they chosen to highlight these awful sounds in most of the styles? Horrible!
As expected, nothing ground breaking has happened.
Posted by: leezone

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 03:00 PM

i do think Yamaha has EXCELLENT RH sounds, at least on this T4...
so give em credit there...

now back to my beloved A4

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
But those who purchased an XK3c won't be sitting around lusting after the 'next great thing' and will probably never even think about upgrading.

Well, I won't need to be upgrading once, or better, if, I get a Tyros4...I plan on keeping it for a very long time...probably be my last arranger.

The T4 has a terrific Hammond sound, and of course, the XK3c has no styles I can play with and edit and make my own.

As an aside, and concerning the Tyros3 to Tyros4; Yamaha did this back in the mid-90's with the PSR-7000 and two years later, the PSR-8000 came out...nearly identical cabinets, but the 8K was so much more under the hood...a whole huge level above.

I bought an 8000 and kept it quite awhile, but finally, the two variation styles, and the limited editing made me want something else..

The Tyros3 tempted me, but I kept an S910 for my own use, and waited for the next Tyros, and I am very glad I did.

The scat voices, the vocal sounds, the terrific new SA pianos...Chas, it is a significant upgrade for those who like Yamaha's sound, and I do.

There's nothing stopping me from buying a second hand B-3 for my home later on...my place is quite big and my living room/studio has lots of space for jams.

For the last while, I've been playing a vintage B-3 ('57-'58 I think) in a jam band, and that's what tempted me towards the XK3c.

So, that's why I believe the Tyros4 will be "the one"...of course, I have to play it for awhile before I make that final decision...it's not set in stone yet.

If I don't get it, I'll keep the S910, and get an XK3c Pro system....at least that's the plan...for now.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-17-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 03:03 PM

Damn! My posts sounded negative! I don't want to appear so, I really do like the T4 and if I hadn't of bought the T3 yet I most definately would have got the T4. If I was offered a good deal on my T3 I would consider changing simply for that Chillout stuff, I adore Cafe Del Mar and the T4 does it the closest I've heard (even though the T3 was pretty good anyway!)

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 03:05 PM

I totally agree Ian, I almost bought the PSR7000 until I tried it and it sounded so much like my PSR620 I passed, then when I heard the PSR8000 it was like a world apart, totally blew it away and anything else around it, I think this was where Yamaha got really serious in my view.

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/17/10 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Morten Jonassen:
They should have changed the name from Tyros to Yamaha Scat Doo Bloddy Bah! Why on earth have they chosen to highlight these awful sounds in most of the styles? Horrible!
As expected, nothing ground breaking has happened.

Morten I felt the same way after 50 demos...too much vocal chorus sounds..although you can always mute those parts if you need to I guess...but it wouod be interesting to hear what went on in the R&D room when T4 was designed regarding these Voice driven styles etc, etc, ....If I'm being honest for me ....the new VH2 vocalizer still yet to be determined, and the XLR Mic input are a few of the new features that I'm interested in the new S series unit...if they aren't included with new styles also I'll pass myself and wait for whoever else want to join in the arranger Wars & go demo other manufacturers units....

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/18/10 05:57 AM

One other thing is that Tyros 4 has no on-board speakers and that alone is a big turnoff for me for gigging...although I have owned many non speaker units, the convenience and monitor capabilities is wonderful....IMO.
Ahhhhh whats the use?....nothing will ever be perfect!!

PS another thing I dont like is the Multipad buttons on the LEFT side?

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/18/10 01:18 PM

Quote:
These are very, very nice Diki...what are the styles like?

Ian

Kurzweil's market research has proved conclusively that there is no need for an arranger whatsoever. Who could possibly argue with THAT?

Lee, I have the full CD-ROM for my K2500S(KDFX). You'll find a LOT more samples and programming on that than the ones included in the ROM of newer K's...

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/18/10 04:08 PM

Quote:
Kurzweil's market research has proved conclusively that there is no need for an arranger whatsoever. Who could possibly argue with THAT?

Yep, and seems like Roland's marketing research is coming up with the same results...hence, bye bye G-series, E-series and perhaps the entry level GW-8/Prelude...do we hear much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth? Nope.

I think Cassp had/has a Kurzweil arranger...one of the piano-based models they made back in the 90's, before, as you say, Kurzweil's market research proved conclusively that there was no need for an arranger whatsoever.

Who could possibly argue with THAT?

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/18/10 05:19 PM

Diki..are you speaking of the set from Sweetwater or something else?
I have all the CD's from sweetwater incuding Take 6. Some awefully good stuff. Actually when I go there (20 minutes from my house)I often get to see/talk to Daniel Fisher who did a lot of wotk for Kurzweil sounds for Sweetwater. He's really interesting to talk to. Very talented. You should see their studio... TOP DOG! He also did some work on the PC3 for Kurzweil...if I have my info correct.

If Kurz would ever do a TOTL arranger...it would be something! But...don't think they will. The new PC3K is superb..it is the PC3 WITH full program and sample compatability to the older K's...if they announce a rack version, I will sell my K2600X and get one.

Lee S.

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/18/10 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
If Kurz would ever do a TOTL arranger...it would be something! But...don't think they will.
Lee S.

Quote:

Not a chance Lee (see above)...Mr. Diki, the spokesman for Kurzweil, has uttered.

Who could possibly argue with THAT?

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 12:52 AM

One wonders if there is ANYTHING I can post that won't elicit a snide remark about Roland from Ian, despite having absolutely nothing to do with it. I could probably talk about football, and Ian would say that it has gotten better since Roland left the upper end of the arranger market...

But, it's still hilarious to see him censor me for being the Kurzweil spokesman, while doing exactly the same for Yamaha himself. Those four fingers are pointing back, Ian

Lee, I am jealous beyond belief that you know Daniel Fisher... his programming for the Kurzweil's sets the bar for ANY modern keyboard. Yes, I was talking about the CD-ROM from Sweetwater. I had mistakenly assumed you were talking about the Take 6 samples that are now in the ROM sounds of some of Kurzweil's product...

I also have most of the Sweetwater CD's, but I still find my go-to CD is usually the Sounds of the 70's CD-ROM. Some of those vintage keyboards sit in most mixes without a single thing being done to them!

Please congratulate him from me the next time you meet. And they can have my K2500 when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 12:55 AM

BTW, the last OS for my K2500 introduced complete arrangements that would follow a one finger chord input. I guess there are SOME on this forum that would say that DOES make it an arranger!

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 01:03 AM

Quote:
One wonders if there is ANYTHING I can post that won't elicit a snide remark about Roland from Ian, despite having absolutely nothing to do with it. I could probably talk about football, and Ian would say that it has gotten better since Roland left the upper end of the arranger market...

But, it's still hilarious to see him censor me for being the Kurzweil spokesman, while doing exactly the same for Yamaha himself. Those four fingers are pointing back, Ian

One wonders if there is ANYTHING I can post that won't elicit a snide remark about Yamaha from Diki, despite having absolutely nothing to do with it. I could probably talk about hockey, and Diki would say that it has gotten better because Yamaha still produces the upper end of the arranger market...

But, it's still hilarious to see him censor me for being the Yamaha spokesman, while doing exactly the same for Roland himself. Those four fingers are pointing back, Diki.

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 01:10 AM

I know you are, but what am I?

Don't tell me this is how low you have allowed yourself to stoop, Ian. You can do so, so much better!
Posted by: to the genesys

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 01:26 AM

OK that is enough.
Diki go stand in the corner.
Iana write on the blackboard 100 times “I should not belittle Diki any more”.

------------------
I have shortened my ID to TTG

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 01:40 AM

Quote:
I know you are, but what am I?

That's easy...it's Sunday, the day you first rested after those six days of creating the heavens and the earth.

So, enjoy your day off...you deserve it.

Take a long, hot bath and relax.

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
I have shortened my ID to TTG

Wow, I hope it wasn't painful, Genny...
Posted by: mr9000

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 06:02 AM

Diki bashing aside,only his positive conclusion on a yawnaha T4 would sway me.
All these yam releases are frick'n $4000 OS system updates plus free plastic!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-19-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Diki bashing aside,only his positive conclusion on a yawnaha T4 would sway me.

Really Mr?

I wouldn't let anyone, even Lord Diki , one of the original "bashers" on SZ, decide for me what was best for my needs.

Then again, there are some who aren't strong enough, or smart enough, to make their own decisions, based on the instrument's true merits, after they've actually played it.

But then again, Diki knows arrangers fairly well and may be able to guide your faltering steps on the path to an arranger that fits your needs.

If the Tyros line doesn't thrill you, buy something else...simple eh?

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 07:01 AM

So to get back to teh Topic subject ....

TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 07:31 AM

Quote:

1.Really Mr?

2. there are some who aren't strong enough,

3.or smart enough,

4. Diki may be able to guide your faltering steps on the path to an arranger that fits your needs.

Bashing much?

Quote:
ianmcnll:
If the Tyros line doesn't thrill you, buy something else...simple eh?

I look at data, nothing new under the sun when one simply looks at the data..let's see $4000 on a keyboard, or $4000 on food for the fridge,oh the complex decisions life throws at me.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 08:06 AM

It does look like the demos are overly laden with vocal styles - which do sound fantastic, but it would be nice to hear some other non-vocal styles.

Without scouring every style on the Data List http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/port/tyros4_en_dl_a0.pdf, I would bet that the T4 has almost all of the styles on the T3, revoiced of course, plus a little over 50 new styles, many of which are vocal based.

Then there are all of the Premium styles available over the internet and probably more coming, so I don't think T4 players will ever be at a loss for styles.

As someone who's not likely to buy a new keyboard until the successor to the S910 comes out, it makes me sad that I will have to wait a year or two for a keyboard that has all of the T3 sounds - and another two to three years for a keyboard that has all of the T4 sounds. So for us in the mid-level keyboard bracket, it's going to be three to five years before we get these new voices. That's too long!

Beakybird

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 08:30 AM

Quote:
Bashing much?.

Not any more than anyone else, including YOU, who comes across as bitter and/or resentful of some past issue with Yamaha (hence your username).

Most people actually play an instrument and hear how it sounds, and feel how it responds before making a decision to buy it...plus, of course, it must meet their needs.

Seems like a good plan, to me, but we all have our own methods.

Use whatever works for you, and get the help you need...and, again, if Yamaha products don't quite do it enough for you, don't buy them...there are many other choices.

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I would bet that the T4 has almost all of the styles on the T3, revoiced of course, plus a little over 50 new styles, many of which are vocal based.
Beakybird

Or put another way,everyone who purchases these latest tyros's are getting about $300-500 for all the new features. The remaining $3000+ remains a mystery of new blue lcd's
and nice new plastic,something every player requested.

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 08:37 AM

Quote:
YOU come across as bitter and/or resentful of some past issue with Yamaha (hence your username).
Ian

Simply for one sole reason, these $thousands of dollars for these painfully mild upgrades are absurd.Yam could easily just go into the business of OS's instead of all that usless new plastic wrapped up in fancy notso new sheep's clothing with it's rather greed based wolf hungry prices.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-19-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 08:49 AM

Quote:
Or put another way,everyone who purchases these latest tyros's are getting about $300-500 for all the new features. The remaining $3000+ remains a mystery of new blue lcd's
and nice new plastic,something every player requested.

Don't like it...don't buy it.

Why waste your time moaning about something you don't want...spend it looking for something that suits your needs.

Of course, it's your time to do with what you want.

I think the Tyros4 sounds awesome, as do many others...using the same cabinet and restricting appearance changes to blue lights (changed to make it easier for color blind people) has kept the price basically the same as the Tyros3.

My S910 looks exactly like an S900, but it sounds far superior to my ears.

Play a Tyros4 and then make a decision...or get someone like Diki to play it for you, and then let him make your decision for you as well.

Ian
Posted by: zuki

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 09:10 AM

It's amazing how the bashing continues. Yamaha is listening and incorporated a few major things:

1. vocal harmonizer
2. scat / human voices
3. tuned drums option
4. more styles - more articulation

At the very least it is one company that moves forward, very quickly. Lord only knows what the unveil next and it may be too late for the competition to catch up.

As for pricing - do you expect a company to digress in MAP?

I haven't owned Y since the 910 days, but the major things missing for me (for live play) have been addressed ONLY in the T4.

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
It's amazing how the bashing continues. Yamaha is listening and incorporated a few major things:

1. vocal harmonizer
2. scat / human voices
3. tuned drums option

At the very least it is one company that moves forward, very quickly. Lord only knows what the unveil next and it may be too late for the competition to catch up.

I haven't owned Y since the 910 days, but the major things missing for me (for live play) have been addressed ONLY in the T4.

ZUKI I might be just using my Crystal ball But...when are you selling your PA800?...you know your gonna get a Tyros4

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

1. vocal harmonizer
2. scat / human voices
3. tuned drums option

Zuki great points and ditto to your comments.

I don't get it, the bashing, that is. Maybe I'm just a naive SOB who lives in the smallest state in the union, who doesn't know any better. Yea, I'm a part time musician who can't hold a candle to many of the talented people here who make a living playing music.

I don't see the point of bashing any arranger, I've had every major brand in the last 4 years with the exception of Ketron. If it's not for me I sell it but I don't find a need to say it sucks or it's junk or it's priced too high or or too low or because the manufacturer is trying to steal my money by incrementally upgrading every 2 years or whatever their time line is.

To quote Ian "Don't like it...don't buy it."

You gotta admit SZ does come alive when it comes to comparing brands and the mine is better than yours syndrome.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-19-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
You gotta admit SZ does come alive when it comes to comparing brands and the mine is better than yours syndrome.

Especially when thers no BACKUP provided to prove the point made.....it's all BS

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-19-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 01:25 PM

Stephenm52,
Well said...I agree.

My trouble is I know how well any of the arrangers could sound and work..and none of the MFG's get it done.

If, when I was buying home organs...they did this..Ha...we would have said pound sand!

One thing to remmber though, and for those never into it at all....these things are CHEAP!

The last Yamaha organ I bought was list $12,000.00, Sreet price $8,500.00.
That was in 1987! Wat would it be in todays $$?? Lots more.

It was a beautiful instrument and if there were any bugs...I didn't find them.
So, if you look at it that way...all arranges are cheap today.
BUT, we didn't buy new ones every 2 years either....well maybe trade up to better model (they actualy took trades then!)
Lee S.
Posted by: tino1

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/19/10 07:39 PM

What an arranger needs : Drums , bass and styles . The tyros sounds are super already . Hope yamaha will upgrade drums,bass styles and all function about that . Thanks .

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 05:16 AM

Amazing, isn't it, that when WE criticize an arranger someone ELSE uses/like/might buy, it is us simply offering our opinion... But when someone ELSE criticizes the arranger WE use/like/might buy, all of a sudden it is 'bashing'...

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Before you accuse someone else of 'bashing', either don't do it yourself, or acknowledge that you are being hypocritical!

There isn't a single person on this forum that is indignant about the skepticism and criticism of the T4 that hasn't done EXACTLY the same to other arrangers, when THEY come out. But I guess it makes them feel better about themselves to think that THEY are the wronged party in this disagreement!

Personally, I think ALL arrangers should be held to exactly the same scrutiny, as expensive as they are. Including mine...

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 08:37 AM

Wondering when Michele Voncken will showcase the Tyros 4....should be soon?

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 09:12 AM

Quote:

I've put in my order for one off the first batch into Canada...hopefully I'll snag one.

Just finishing up saving all the Tyros3 settings, and my custom styles for both it and the S910, for editing in the new Tyros4...being able to use SA voices in the styles is really cool.

I've had numerous phone calls and emails about when we are starting our clinics for the new instrument, but no dates have been set yet.

Michele is one damn fine player and demonstrator...looking forward to his demos.

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 09:29 AM

Quote:
Amazing, isn't it, that when WE criticize an arranger someone ELSE uses/like/might buy, it is us simply offering our opinion... But when someone ELSE criticizes the arranger WE use/like/might buy, all of a sudden it is 'bashing'...

Nothing amazing about it...I've heard you complain numerous times about people bashing your G-70....almost as many times as your good buddy Fran.

But when you bash it, you call it "criticizing".

Having trouble again with definitions?

Sheeesh! First you can't understand the word "No" and now you can't distinguish "criticizing" from "bashing".
Except when it's convenient for your own agenda.

It's no wonder you are always seeing the glass half empty instead of half-full...t'is a grim life, eh Diki? Of course, you do have a few supporters who think the same way...nice happy group, eh?

Cheer up...maybe Roland will make a new TOTL arranger just for you to bash...er criticize...er...whatever.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-20-2010).]
Posted by: Bachus

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 09:52 AM

Seems like the US/European organ and the trombone video's are from expansion packs for T4...

Thasts a dissapointment

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 11:05 AM

Quote:

That would be this Sunday in keyboardcentrum in Eindhoven The Netherlands....

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 11:17 AM

Quote:
I've put in my order for one off the first batch into Canada...hopefully I'll snag one.

Just finishing up saving all the Tyros3 settings, and my custom styles for both it and the S910, for editing in the new Tyros4...being able to use SA voices in the styles is really cool.

I've had numerous phone calls and emails about when we are starting our clinics for the new instrument, but no dates have been set yet.

Michele is one damn fine player and demonstrator...looking forward to his demos.

Ian

Ian good luck,
I know you'll give the Tyros 4 the justice as it deserves in the hands of a KB artist as yourself... if you can once familiar email me a few tunes also....wouldn't want you to go thru the song posting "go southern" torture test..

GOOD LUCK!!

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
That would be this Sunday in keyboardcentrum in Eindhoven The Netherlands....

Are you going?...if so try to take a pic or video for us if possible..

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 11:44 AM

Quote:
Are you going?...if so try to take a pic or video for us if possible..

I wish i was, but i have a mountaibike race that day..

Tough i will probably be visitting a Marco Riedijk on 2nd of Oktober
http://www.marcoriedijk.nl/

I looked it up again and it seems Voncken will only demonstrate clavinova this satturday.

Here is the whole list of Yamaha Demo's in the Netherlands
http://nl.yamaha.com/nl/services/product_demonstrations/

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 09-20-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 01:27 PM

It is NOT a hard concept with todays available technology to completely blow the doors off every last releasement with todays access to microchips/programmers. All these companies are STILL living like it's the late 90's with their thinking styled bell bottomed turned upside up caps. Putting in blue led's(ya,yamaha was really listening there..i mean,whom requested this blue stuff?,that alone drove up the price for a causeless cause),some new human voiced scat samples,just more than a few mind you,should be appraoching 100 for all the rukus these out of date scats get imo. I
would love to have a camera follow those in yamaha's R&D sector for a month and watch all the goofing off at ian's wallets expense..
Moral, i thought technology was to double every 700days or so. This is in actual put at about 10% newness every releasement. IF $4000 is acceptable work output for ya'll's..well..WHAT recession then! Please donate to a needy nigerian

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-20-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/20/10 01:51 PM

Quote:
Putting in blue led's(ya,yamaha was really listening there..i mean,whom requested this blue stuff?,

The blue led were added for the benefit of the color-blind.

What arranger are you using presently?

Your posts seem to indicate that you are a Roland user.

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 12:54 PM

Quote:
[B] The blue led were added for the benefit of the color-blind.

What arranger are you using presently?
Your posts seem to indicate that you are a Roland user.
[/B

The color blind?wow..what's next a keyboard for the limbless..who was the probable SINGLE dude who couldn't see the pretty green/red LED's. The blue led's should of been an option one could voluntarily pay for! As the thousands as i that have NO such issues with such blindeness are NOW forced to doll out probably $500 for this arbitrary forced upon feature.

No, i am not a Rolander, presently(and at this going rate,starting to look permanant) i cannot justify moving on from my PSR9000 at these outrageous current prices,
To me nothing beats that professional Black/Grey color with rubber buttons. I think rubber buttons last longer because they absorb the initial shock IF accidently hit to hard,plus sweaty finger don't bounce off like the 'improved' plastic buttons. I'll always prefer Yamaha over all else,but i find the pace their traveling at to be a real test of virtuous patience. I just know their purposfully holding back on me in the R&D areana. Call it telepathy,but they probably have it already planned out what's in store when the Tyros9 is to be released.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-21-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 01:29 PM

Quote:
wow..what's next a keyboard for the limbless..

Limbless? Do you mean those who can only play by ear?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-21-2010).]

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 01:41 PM

Quote:
The blue led were added for the benefit of the color-blind.

And the additional 15 notes were taken away for the benefit of the deaf
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 01:43 PM

There you go Mr9000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJ-NeXRcEk
It starts at about 2min 15sec

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 01:48 PM

Quote:
And the additional 15 notes were taken away for the benefit of the deaf

You can't remove what has never been there...

Ian

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
There you go Mr9000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJ-NeXRcEk
It starts at about 2min 15sec

BRAVO!!!

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 02:01 PM

Diki,
I will probably see him the first week of Oct. I am taking some lessons from one of their keyboard guys...and I always go early.

Last spring I was over there and asked if he was in..he was...he came out and took me through the entire PC3, spent 2 hours with me...very nice.
BUT now the PC3K can load previous Kurz K series samples and programs...so they raised the bar. If they annouc a rack version..I willl sell my K2600X and get one to use with arranger play. Th new PC3 strings are to die for...very expressive.

When it come to Kurzweil he is GOD!
He was gone from Sweetwater for a few years...then he returned last year.

I'm sure your K2500 has KDFX etc?

Lee S.

Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !! - 09/21/10 02:09 PM

Quote:
I think rubber buttons last longer because they absorb the initial shock IF accidently hit to hard,plus sweaty finger don't bounce off like the 'improved' plastic buttons. I just know their purposfully holding back on me in the R&D areana. Call it telepathy,but they probably have it already planned out what's in store when the Tyros9 is to be released.

I love the rubber buttons on my S910 (and my earlier S900), they are nice and "grippy", and have never given me any problems, despite a lot of usage.

I would say plans on the Tyros5 are already in the early stages...the R&D departments are always busy.

I'll be interested in your views of the Tyros4 after you've played it, and explored it's great new features...I'm really looking forward to trying one out.

Those who have heard it and played it were very, very impressed.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-21-2010).]