Quote:
Originally posted by Knotawurri:
Hi posters - in late Sept I posted and disappointedly no one came to my aid.

Notwithstanding the above I pressed on with my due diligence into keyboards and I had to let Casio go as their sound quality left a lot to be desired. As I said I had played and heard a Yamaha NP V80 and was most impressed with the sound reproduction.

However, I decided to give Casio one more chance and lifted my buying range to $2500. So I went to town to see a CASIO AP 620 in the Celviano range. I have to say the experience was also very disappointing with the quality of sound not at all close to Yamaha,so naturally I redirected my attention to Yamaha products.

Some how I found myself sitting in front of a Yamaha CVP 503 in Clavinove range. Then I went and played a 509. Well if you want quality, then just for the experience pop into a Yamaha music store and play a tune on the 509 WOW WOW WOWIE. The upshot to all of this is I split the middle and I signed and paid for a Yamaha CVP 505PE which is also a beautiful piece of furniture. (The PE stands for "Polished Ebony"). The 509 will just have to wait a couple of years.

The 505 arrives on the 25th of this month and guess what... I can hardly wait.

What started out to be an exercise in buying a $500 keyboard certainly had a really different ending. I still got a lot out of reading your posts and they helped me in my final decision For this I thank you all.

The Yamaha Electone MC 450 (still in showroom condition after 25 years) was donated to the local church after I had it fully srviced and checked out, as their organ had just given up the ghost and gone to heaven as it were.

By the way I did post the price of the WK 7500 which was AU$727.23 and I see them advertised at AU$699.00 The Aussie and American dollars are on equal parity at the moment so that makes the WK 7500 the same price in each country and no doubt there are deals to be had out there at a lessor price.

Cheers Knotawurri