Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
For anyone Interested the Advertised Price which is always somewhat higher than the Buying Price, Is
Us Dollar 579
Euro 444
UK Pound 371.
Jap Yen 39800

Miss this...? No, I don't think that a Casio, even with a few unique features, is going to make it to the $1000 point with only two variations, and as stripped down a feature list as it has.

But my point was solely about the price difference between arrangers and WS's. Comparative value between different arrangers is FAR more about perception and marketing than actual value. Does a Rolex keep noticeably better time than a Timex? Not enough to justify a $5000 difference, IMO!

If Casio want to move into the high end, or even MOTL, they are going to have to do a LOT more than most to overcome their 'toy' status, despite the odd (and generally ancient) success they had. This isn't going to do it, that's for sure!

Actually no,I did not miss that earlier posting,as I just meant that in general...as in the general public,who else would think of the WK-7500 as a $1,000 item? :~}

[B]Well...I am of the opinion,that if the WK-7500 ends up going for say,around $700 and if Casio puts most of their focus on sheer sound quality,than I would not really consider the WK-7500 as a toy.

We'll just have to sit on our hands & see what happens in the next month or so.

-Elwood

------------------
Korg M3,Reason 4,Presonus Studio One,Adam A7's,M-Audio CX5's & BX8a's,Zoom R24

[This message has been edited by elwoodblues1969 (edited 09-18-2010).]