Hey, Bill. I've been using Carvin equipment, including instruments, since 1962-a wet behind the ears 15 year old. I visited the factory in Covina in the fall of 1962, right after I moved to Victorville. Still have 4 double-neck instruments, a two-neck, non-pedal steel on legs, several guitars and basses, a monster, 90's bass rig-400 watts, bi-amped-18" and 4 10's, the older model of the three channel 100 watt 12" combo and three little 200 watt 6 channel heads. I use them outside. They have been around $300.00 for years...for my application, disposable units. Up until this model, they were mono. I've had them left outside in the rain for a week-end, kicked into a swimming pool, etc.

The current mono one has been used 4 nights a week, 6 months out of the year for 10 years. The older (and bigger) one is the main Pa for a car show DJ operation I have with my son. It's about 15 years old.

The new little stereo one is 375 watts a side @ 4 ohms. I just connect 2 8 ohm cabinets to each side. I have lots of Carvin cabinets. Generally, I use 2 10's and 2 12's. I either daisy chain them, or, if the distribution is more spread out, I have two 1/4" into two 1/4" adapters I use for splitting the sound out of a guitar into two amps.

As far as using the 330, I simply do it in reverse...come out of the Carvin line out into a channel on the 330. Only interested in the monitor and fill, and that works fine. Sometimes, I just use the little CM 30, and, if it's close enough to me, that works fine, too. Generally, when I do a single, I just grab any little amp with a stand adapter. That includes a small Peavy Minx, a Peavy 2 channel keyboard amp, etc.

Understand your issue with 1/4" into RCA adapters...a pain in the ass.

Don't hesitate to get the Carvin. The old 200 watt mono heads are more than enough to play a patio with 600 people. The 500 watt new one with 4 cabinets is great for 1000 people-outside...all in a 10 lb package.

My big system has lots of Carvin components, too...a 36 channel Carvin board, a 600 watt monitor amp, lots of big cabs, etc.

Try it...you'll like it.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 08-24-2010).]