Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lewis:
What type of gigs is everyone doing with this BA330? I know Fran pumps backing dance tracks and two strong singers through his system so I guess he considered the 30 watts, although I still would have to hear it to believe it. I will make it a point to get to the Crabtrap soon. The foods good too Fran -- HA!
Even on a NH gig I do stuff like "Just a Gigolo" with a layered piano/bass in the LH. When i had a BA330 I tried it and other similar tunes and you could hear the speakers strain or as we used to say "fart". The thing maxes out way too soon, especially for the price.
I also noticed Fran has a new $1000 amp for solo stuff and someone else brings a second amp for his LH bass stuff. sooooo?? The BA330 on a pole with a small sub (anyone know of a good one?) would be great but here we are back to two pieces. For the price of those two I would go for a SA300, If I could find one to test.

Bill in NJ

Why doesn't anyone understand the use for of this amp for "SMALL GIGS" in Stereo?....again many trying to make it do things beyond it's limits...I use it every day with fantatsic results on my
"SMALL GIGS" 50-80 pp......with no problem..

My Bigger gigs 100-400pp require Bigger gear....obviously. Roland IMO has a winner in the BA330!