Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lewis:
What type of gigs is everyone doing with this BA330?...
Even on a NH gig I do stuff like "Just a Gigolo" with a layered piano/bass in the LH. When i had a BA330 I tried it and other similar tunes and you could hear the speakers strain or as we used to say "fart". The thing maxes out way too soon, especially for the price.
The BA330 on a pole with a small sub (anyone know of a good one?) would be great but here we are back to two pieces.

Thanks Bill and Don M for your insights. Not having heard or played thru a BA330 I certainly have no opinion of its sound. I asked earlier about its sound in comparison to CM30 monitors and really only got Donny's opinion. Similar to Bill, I've found the CM30's to be rough and max out too early also. That was my concern.

Donny, let me just ask this - if I'm using and am happy with a Bose Compact, why should I go out and get a BA330? Are you saying you like the BA better than the Compact? I understand the difference in price, and that might sway me if I were buying into those class amps, but already having one kinda seems to cancel out the need to switch - unless there is a very big reason to switch.