Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Lionstracs takes (maybe)more time to setup, but i really doubt it. Seems to me like for people with a keen eye on Information technology the menus in the Lionstracs are more naturally then the menu structure in the wersi. And on top of that :
- WErsi can only load 5 VSt's
- You can't run any 3rd party apps on the wersi like Ableton live or Cubase
- A Wersi is atleast 2 times as expensive as a mediastation

And many many more disadvantages expleined all over the forum...

But Wersi is still a great instrument, and probably the best sounding organs on the planet. I allways tought it a sad thing that Wersi is currently not producing any organs anymore but only the "wing" which is a very much dumbed down OAS system.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 05-23-2010).]

You seem to be a wealth of misinformation. Wersi can play more than 5 VST's at once but I can't imagine why you would want to do that. You don't have to use Wersi's built in VST host for loading instruments, that's just one way of going about it. The better VST's seriously tax the CPU and you wouldn't be able to run 5 or more without serious issues on any open ended system or computer. Running multiple VST's is not for the faint of heart and rest assured you will run into trouble by doing so be it on an open ended keyboard or a PC computer.

Cubase was the standard sequencer software and VST host for many years on the Wersi but that changed in OAS 7. You can still use Cubase if you want, you simply have to load it onto the drive and run it like you would on any other PC. As long as the VST is PC compatible and your system has enough CPU power, you can run the VST.

Wersi a.k.a Music Store is currently working with another company to market the entire OAS line although it appears Music Store will be marketing the Pegasus Wing at this time. As far as I am aware all OAS systems and software will still be produced and upgraded. I have no reason to believe otherwise until Music Store says so.