Possibly there's enough content for many people, but let's face it James... even YOUR demos have used third party sounds, not just your own but converted Akai disks, etc..

Anyway, what's the POINT of an open keyboard if you only use the included sounds...? That's what a closed keyboard does, and you are all constantly pointing out how limited THOSE are

Thing is, most closed WS's, and a high percentage of TOTL arrangers include a sampler (at least playback sampler), with often up to half a gig or RAM or more. Things aren't QUITE as 'closed' as you make out!

I have to admit, off the top of my head, I can't remember a specific Emulator I demo to point you to, but I remember well some Emulator II stuff that sounded VERY good (and let's not forget that quite a few Hollywood scores used them extensively) and that's STILL a long time ago... Yes, an open keyboard allows you to do these things with much greater ease, and have much larger libraries at your fingertips, and they DO represent a big leap forward. But the music being made on them has MUCH in common with stuff from a LONG time ago. After all, we are emulating orchestras, and those have been around for hundreds of years!

Once again, before you all start piling on me willy-nilly, I am NOT 'putting down' the open WS. It's a great piece of gear, and if I had a need for one, I'd get one in a flash. This isn't demo-ing any arranger mode, so my comments have nothing to do with that. But, when listening to something 'open', it helps to know WHAT is being used, as many choices (at a wide range of prices) as they have. And that's all I was commenting about re. the MS.

As James showed a while back, ANY sampler, with a good library, can make excellent music, and has been doing it for a long time. Perhaps some of our members haven't really kept up with this end of things, and all I was trying to point out was simply that. The demo was good, no doubt about it. But not exactly groundbreaking, in the long run...

Me, I'd like to hear it running Live, and Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trillium in interactive mode... THAT would be pretty interesting, IMO!