Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
The use of a SMF taints whatever impression I may have had about this or any other arranger keyboard. As soon as you introduce the SMF, you have to conclude that you could do the same with controller and module, controller and laptop, any other SMF-playing non-arranger keyboard, etc.

Yes, it taints my impression as well...I'm rather disappointed that a style was not being used.

The drums were still very impressive, and the organ sound was rather good, but as for someone saying it's the "best sounding" arranger available, I can't agree with that either, Chas.

I've heard much better guitars on the Tyros3 and equally as impressive organ sounds on the Korg, and even the older Roland G-70...but the drums are really a very realistic representation of a "live" drummer.

But drums do not a complete arranger make, any more than organ sounds or guitars, or even the styles themselves...they all(arrangers) have something unique to offer and to make them desirable to certain types of players.

Drums were never a big issue for my kind of playing, but good styles and realistic voices are very important to my choice of playing all instrumental and, mostly, background music...not dance...hence my choice of Yamaha arrangers.

The Audya would be far down on my list of choices, but that's not to say it isn't a great instrument; it no doubt shines for certain purposes...just not mine.

Ian