Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I think you kind of trivialized other arrangers with the 'PSR' comment, Frank. A T3, a PA2Xpro, an E80 is ALSO 'a sit-down and a few presses and your off" arranger.

But with some incredible styles, sounds and OS capabilities, too. It's NOT just the PSR's that are designed for instant gratification. Just about everything EXCEPT the MS is designed so that, when you first get it, at least you can enjoy it, maybe even gig with it the day you get it.

I just have always failed to understand why Dom never understands this basic requirement for an arranger...

Uh no he didn't.....Playing on a real Work Station does trivialize an Arranger.

"because professional big musician will NEVER take one arranger keyboard on live stage group." He is right about this.

Like it or not, many "pros" (and semi pros) still consider Arrangers no more than "toys" I know of no one who uses on in a band of any measured success.You don't simply don't see them routinely being used by well know keyboard "professionals" except perhaps by a handful of "professional" wedding singers perhaps.

There isn't a keyboard made that one cannot turn on and play. OK maybe not as easy as an Arranger but really, it doesn't take a technological Phd to operate any keyboard out of the box for most pro players who have ever played a keyboard that runs on AC or batteries.

But I can understand why you would think the technology is all that tough playing on a four year old G70.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-10-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA