Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
OK, now everybody...

Hands up who NEEDS an arranger that "is definitely designed and built for the studio and or person who doesn't mind building their own personal set-up". In other words, making their own styles and completely revoicing them.

Let's have a poll...

How many people on this forum already make their own styles from scratch, and design and voice the sounds to play them? And I don't mean just one or two, but MOST of their styles...
Crickets chirping

Now you are a dealer, Frank, how about YOU getting a hold of Dom, and letting him know this would be a much easier sell if it WERE "a sit-down and a few presses and your off" kind of keyboard AS WELL...

Hand goes up.....Haven't touched the T3 since getting the Motif XS8. (except for quick tracks for the wife's gig)

I like having the flexibility to create something that was not already done somewhere at some time. But enjoy being able to sit down and cut a quick accompainment track on the T3 as well for something that HAS been already done and as a songwriting sketch pad.

I would be a good candidate for an open architecture WS like that IF there was local support and a track record (and I could get it at below cost..LOL) IN fact I bought something similar in the XS8 In fact the 6000 plus Arps, Sampling implementation on the Motif and Linux OS are "sort of" becoming open architecture like. I HAVE to create my own "styles" Using ARP'd sections to get away from the sameness of arranger styles. Yeah real players have played the Arps. But in the end I get to assemble the band and play the parts in that are not there.

Nothing does this better then a DAW integrated WS. The MediaStation seems to be BOTH the DAW and the WS if I understand it correctly. The XS is very close to that albeit not as open except within Cubase where it can be a fully editable VSTi and can send 16 independent channels of Audio to a DAW using any DAW Software.

The MS is a Nice concept..I see nothing wrong with that except for a serious arranger player who wants and needs "instant gratification" and will accept nothing less.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-10-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA