Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Don't take Kingfog so seriously, Donny.... someone as knowledgeable as he would surely not overlook the excellent value and performance of the Z5500.

I'm sure they weren't intended for "pro" use from the manufacturer, but that doesn't stop enterprising and clever performers from taking advantage of them for gigging.

It's kinda the same as "home" keyboards like the Tyros and G70 etc. that get used by adroit performers for professional gigs and/or recording.

If there's nothing wrong with a home keyboard being played on pro gigs and/or recording sessions, why should it matter if someone uses a "home" speaker system for the same?

Surely Kingfog isn't that image conscious...how could he be?

He performed as a facsimile of the genuine article, and he was relatively successful.

Ian

Indeed. and I learned what real sound systems were and what is worthy of presenting one's music through. Image is not important when delving one's product with regard to the sound. People forget the SOUND engineer is the most important member of the crew for an Artist. When people cut corners on that which is the ONLY connection between themselves and their audiences I have to gasp. Unless one is playing is a classroom there is no place for any Speakers that can be bought at Radio Shack

Top brands are top brands for a reason. Beta 58 heads are in riders for a reason, I know some players volunteer at Retirement homes and community centers. They play the S900s and use Stage PAS300s. I Understand that. I don't understand setting up a pair of Computer speakers in a professional situation where the client is spending money for entertainment. And people get upset when attendees ask Karoke type questions.

I am not a gear snob but sound is one area I won;t cut corners, I certainly am not going out on a gig without the best possible system for the gig. In our case its the Bose for EVERY gig. Large and small, When we need more coverage we will buy another Bose System. Im not Powered Speaker fan except for monitoring. I find them harsh and very limited in the lateral range and i have never heard on that does not need a Subwoofer.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA