Quote:
Originally posted by rsm2000e:
Drove to a music store in a major city and noodled around on a T3 wearing headphones, sounded pretty good to me.

Shopped like crazy, finally found a great deal at www.audioworksCT.com (Frank Ventresca) for an amazing price (brand new) that was substantially better than anything I found elsewhere on the web and far better than the "MAP" (price-fixing minimum advertised price from Yami). So I'm happy with my purchase

And then we wonder why brick and mortar stores are going broke, and arrangers are getting harder and harder to actually 'try BEFORE you buy' all across the country.

Didn't it occur to you that the store that allowed you to play the unit had an expectation of your purchase after they had gone to the considerable expense of buying the unit (Yamaha don't LEND them to stores!) for their customers to try...?

Next time you can't find a new keyboard to try, have to buy one just to see what it can do, and lose 15% or so restocking fee when you return it (and several others) before you find what you want, remember your part in that fiasco.

You know, as hard as it is getting hands on on these incredibly expensive instruments, if it were me, I would charge $100 for every person that wanted to try a TOTL arranger in my store, refundable against the purchase of one. Would I sell a few less? Perhaps... But perhaps not, with guys like this using me as a 'demo' site and buying elsewhere...

Support your local dealer! Or one day (pretty soon now) he won't be there at all...