Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
MusiCo,
Well, mostly orchestrial sounds. And all Piano types. Strings are important to me, especially solo violin, cello. ........

My guess would be you're gonna stick with the PA2, then ! Ensemble sounds I think KORG has the far more impressive multi-layered sounds, whereas Yamaha has the more crisp and thinner orchestrals. Great for accompaniment, but too thin for lead.

About this 61 vs 76 keys, out of curiousity : what is it you do to use acoustic instruments in a range that goes beyond the 61-key range in the same song.
Is you split point far right or using multiple splitpoints? I'm happy with the octave up and down buttons and find them to do the job for me, but then again I don't use the arranger for piano work.

The "stubberness" of Yamaha is partially understandable : If given the choice, most of their clients (prospects) will prefer the 61-keys. The studio-, synth- and piano players will be the ones wanting more keys, they are more likely to already have a 76 or 88 key they can use as controller keyboard. The development costs and separate production lines needed for an extra 76 key are immens, both as internal components and exterior need changes.
This would put the T3 in even a higher pricerange, lifting it completely out of the "arranger keyboard" market.
Same happened with the psr9000 : they made that in a 76 keys after lots of people the world over complained about the 61 key limit. when it was there, almost none of the former complainers bought it.
It wasn't a succes and probably they made a loss on that 76 model.
Although I think it had more to do with the moment of the productrelease: at the end of the lifecycle of the PSR9000 model, when most of us either already had a 61-key 9000 or was waiting for the T1 to show up.

I wonder how many of you are now NOT buying the T3 only because of the 61-key limit, and can state they surely would have payed the extra $800,- it if there was a 76 key model with maybe some fancy 'pro-features' added.