I'm not playing so I can afford equipment. I'm playing so I can afford to LIVE!

Now that's a LOT more expensive than a keyboard...

Basically, I have always tried to not turn my equipment over too often. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just that, in the first place, I really believe that familiarity and comfort trumps the latest greatest every day of the week, especially if you are primarily a player (look at how many still cling to the B3 - perfection doesn't need an upgrade! ), and secondly, every new keyboard I get, I basically completely re-do my entire repertoire from the ground up. If it is THAT much better, it is that much different, and every sequence style and registration has to be completely re-done. That is a LOT (months) of work to get it where I want. I sure as hell don't want to re-do that every year or so

'Breaking even' for me is maybe the same way you think about all your myriad purchases... If you can't make your money back on it, it's a loss. You keep telling us you never lose money on the constant changing lineup of equipment you go through... So, either you are selling this gear for what you payed for it, or money you are making, that could go to putting food an the table, paying the bills, etc., is actually subsidizing your gear lust.

If I can get another ten years or more out of the G70, and not change PA's for at least that long, even if we made exactly the same income, I would come out ahead, 'cause I didn't go through four arrangers and five PA's in the same period... (assuming you are not selling them for exactly what you paid for them )

At least, that's how I do the math!