Played a double last year in 117ºF heat index. 1pm to 9 at night! BRUTAL...

LOTS of water, a good silent fan, shade (mandatory!), plenty of towels to wipe your hands on, and a nice dip in the pool between sets (wear swimming shorts )...

Wipe down your keyboard at the end of every gig (if not at the end of every set). Sweat KILLS electronics. Cover the keyboard when not playing it (salt air corrosion is another killer), clean jacks and cords regularly, and NEVER play in direct sunlight. Those fancy touch-screen arrangers do NOT like to get hot. I let sunlight get on my G70 one time for less than five minutes. Display went gnarly black for about ten minutes while I took it inside to cool off (it came back OK, though).

This year, so far, not so much outside day stuff as before, more night stuff. A nice change. Last night in Panama City Beach it was hot and extremely humid for an outside bar. Still, not too bad (in comparison )!

I guess just getting used to it (been doing this for years) and learning to drink lots of water (not sodas or beer!)... At least the girls in bikinis make it all worthwhile

I look forward to the website, but if you have already got some live stuff recorded (do you have the MP3 recorder option in your PA800?), no harm jumping the gun and posting to something like Createsongstyles.com or one of the arranger forums that host files...

BTW, it will be humid and in the mid-80º's (heat index) for our 8-11pm-er tonight. At least there's no problem getting the crowd to sweat!