Hi Diki
Good job you had added the smiley face, as otherwise I would have thought that you were inferring that you had to purchase the screen and panel to stay up to date, which of course you don’t. (Nice to have the option though)

You are quite correct about computer hardware updates, however they can be picked up off the shelf for little money. (How much does Roland charge to update your internal G70 HARDWARE?)

Updates are Free (They are designated by an R) and are the equivalent of the Roland OS updates.

Upgrades Cost (Although when you see what’s offered it would still be cheap at twice the price) and is the equivalent of buying a new keyboard. (Designation OAS?)
The exception is the OAA, which is the equivalent of buying a brand new arranger section for your keyboard. (If you play live organ or use little backing you may not want it, so why pay for it, but again its nice to have it as an option)

Soundpacks are options, and are the software equivalent of the of the Roland SRX cards, with the main difference being that you can have as many as you want, all running at the same time, rather then having to keep swapping boards. (Don’t see Roland giving SRX boards away)

As I have said before the only way to find out about them is to try them (Which you also emphasize in many of your posts when something new comes out) and then make a decision (I can only give you my opinion, and opinions of others I have spoken too)
Regards

Bill