Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
I think when someone challenges you to "put up or shut up" that kinds of sets the tone for the reception you can expect from your postings.
As I remember Diki it took quite a bit of prodding for you to post something and there was a few that weren't impressed.

Firstly, you KNOW I'm not the one going 'put up or shut up'... I'm the one going 'put up', but if you don't, keep posting anyway!

Secondly, my only initial reluctance to post arranger music was I had none to post! At that time, I was hardly EVER using the arranger section other than strictly drums, and that's not what people wanted to hear. So I made a posting at the old G70 forum with a simple bossa done completely OOTB arranger style with OTSs, to help dispel the G70 slamming. As I recall, it was pretty much universally accepted.

The rancor came later, when I posted it a SECOND time during a heated time with Donny, where it got lambasted primarily for not being new, nothing to do with the sound!

And since then, I have posted occasional work, to illustrate different aspects of arranger use (none of which has taken any flack). So, obviously, a little rancor hasn't exactly scarred me!

If I can accept the slings and arrows of public exposure (heck, we do it live every day, why is a forum so much scarier?!), surely some of you can, too?