Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
I would say the LACK of knowledge by the public & other kb musicians & beyond is the culprit that gives Arranger KB & players a bad rap. 99% of them have no idea what an arranger is or how it works.

Just where on earth is this coming from...? I have been playing arrangers for 15 years. No-one has EVER come up to me and bad mouthed arrangers, or arranger players. EVER...

Are they bad mouthing YOU? Or your arranger? If not... move on. Get over it.

If they ARE, record yourself and figure out WHY...

99% of the public has no idea how a Hammond or a Steinway works, either. THEY don't have a bad rep... It's time to stop acting the victim, and look around for WHY (or even IF...) the arranger actually has this reputation. I haven't seen or heard it myself...

And PLEASE....! Don't give me that intimidation bull... You want intimidation? Sit down at a MotifXS, or a Kurzweil K2500, and try to figure out quickly how to do anything but call up ONE patch and play it!

Arrangers are DESIGNED to be operated by beginner players. Workstations are NOT. Any keyboard player that is intimidated by an arranger has probably played nothing more complicated than a piano or an organ (and some of those are as complicated as an arranger!). Sure, they take a little while to learn to operate them. You didn't get the entire concept the first time YOU played one either, did you?

But 'intimidated'.... Get real!