Reading all this stuff about the VK8m really has me thinking again about using midi modules. I think if you are an arranger player who is happy with his board and just wants to add better drawbar realism than your arranger supplies, then the VK8m or XVm would be great additions.

Personally, I shy away from modules; probably because I'm not too good at midi controlling techniques. But there's is so much to be said for matching the keyboard size, feel and quality to match the sounds you are playing.

Nothing is worse than playing a great sample/sound on the wrong keyboard. It just doesn't sound the same. that tactile feel of the right keyboard is essential. I feel Kurzweil did that with their PC88 and other products. The keyboard sold me on the sounds, more than the reverse. I think it's much the same here in our discussion of Hammond clones. If you can match a clone sound you are happy with, with a keyboard action the satisfies you, then that's the key. I think Hammond, Korg, Nord and Roland have done great jobs with their clone keybeds. The keytouch is different than a regular synth action of most sorts. The close have that immediate contact that is essential to that B3 jazz attack.

I'm rambling, so I'll quit here, but I think I've made most of my point that sounds and keyboard should go together. I guess if I really had to settle on playing just one keyboard and having to have my drawbars, then the G70 was best for me, BUT I don't have to settle for that and I didn't.