Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Just like a weighted hammer piano action as opposed to semi-weighted, there's no substitute for the real organ action like the C1 and others.

Couldn't disagree more, Ian...

There are perfectly good SUBSTITUTES for the extreme actions of organs and pianos. What's in the middle of no weight and heavy weight? That's right... semi-weighted.

Light enough to play organ, heavy enough to play piano. Long enough to play most piano parts, short enough to get in most cars.

They are called 76 note keyboards, and every manufacturer makes them (including Yamaha). Every manufacturer makes all their keyboards in EVERY size and feel, EXCEPT Yamaha, who somehow seem to feel that ONLY arranger players wouldn't find 76 semi-weighted plastic of any use. Of course, they don't feel that way about workstation users. Somehow, they have more needs than us... They must be MUCH better players, eh?

You seem to have managed to accept the awful PSR action as a SUBSTITUTE for all other actions. Don't tell me you NEVER play a piano line or two on that no-feel 61... In fact, you play every single sound in the entire instrument on that action, Rhodes, organ, clav, piano, you name it. So please don't tell us there is no substitute, you seem to have found one you can live with. And most of us that DO play quite a lot of piano AND organ on the same keyboard feel that a 76 semi-weighted is at least as good a substitute for the real things as that PSR action. And the majority that have played them, I am QUITE sure, recognize they are actually FAR better substitutes than the one you currently use.

76 semi-weighted plastic... probably (at least for me) the ONLY type of keyboard you can play piano AND organ on, and come VERY close to fooling everyone (except yourself!). A 61 is just too short, an 88 wood is just too stiff. I feel like the baby bear... 'This one is JUST right!'