That's reassuring to know Bill.

As far as the weight is concerned I wish it would've been lighter too Ian. But considering that it is a 'dual' manual with 'physical' drawbars and what looks to be a very solidly constructed outer shell I really think Hamichord did an excellent job keeping it as low as they did weight wise. For instance, the Yamaha Motif ES7 weighed over 42 lbs and has a single keybed. I owned one and although I noticed a little strain upon lifting it I could relatively easily carry it around, and with proper lifting techniques (bend the knees, keep the back straight, keep the object close to your body upon lifting, etc.) that I personally experienced no real problems moving it about with or without its case. And of course if a case has wheels and is ergonomically designed it would make it that much easier and convenient for a person to transport the Hamichord too. So the 3 additional lbs of the Hamichord vs. the Motif ES7 shouldn't really be that big of a deal to me. Considering the Hamichord is the lightest dual manual Hammond clone with physical drawbars out there I would think it should sell relatively well at the 45 lbs they are offering it at. Considering the original B3 weighed a ton (figuratively speaking ) the Hamichord is a welcome relief and a sight for sore eyes. And one for strong steady backs I suppose too which can't hurt.

PS: Maybe down the road the subsequent model to the Hamichord will be even lighter than the original. Probably have to wait a few years for the successor though. Just like we're doing on a 25 lb 88 note fully weighted, fully blown arranger workstation keyboard too eh Ian? Waiting that is. Although if they build it people will come out of the woodwork to buy it that's for sure. Including me. After all technical aspects are considered and evaluated of course..

Best,
Mike