As someone who has owned a Hammond M3, Voce3b, Roland VR-760 & G70, Yamaha PSr 2k & 3k - I feel that I can confidently say that NONE of these keyboards sound as much like the B3 as my new XK-1.

The M3, of course, had all the guts in a compact pkg. and definitely would/could do the job. The Voce was an experiment in using modules and I never used it much, but it was OK. The Yamahas do an alright job for those who just need to have a drawbar sound here and there, but they're not in the same leaugue as these others. The best of the bunch have been the Rolands and their VK8 engine. Not having owned an actual VK8, I can't really say just how close it is, but the VR760 and G70 have the best drawbars and rotor sims (until now). What is lacking in the Roland engines I owned is the real feel of the Hammond vibrato and chorus. The Vr760 was better in this dept., but the G70 v/c was one of my big disappointments. That pretty much killed the clone thing for me.

Now, this XK-1 is so simple to play and sounds so much like the Big Boy that I scream for joy every time I sit down at it. I can adjust the reverb to go before or after the Leslie effect and I can in/decrease the time it take for the Lelie to speed up or slow down - it's freaking great! And the vibrato/chorus section is second to none; it actually sounds like the old Hammond v/c - and it too is adjustable, if you want.

I briefly looked at the Nord clones, but the buttons were a downer for me. And the guy I bought my XK-1 from has a C1, B3 and Nord Stage 76 and he felt that the Nords were close, but not as good as the Hammonds.

Anyway, I'm really happy with my XK-1; and it doesn't even come close to 426 lbs.