Quote:
Originally posted by RicFreak:

"My previous messages haven't been accepted, and this is fine:"

Riccardo, I'm sorry for saying anything that causes you to feel this way. It's not our intention. Please understand, we believe in a philosiphy and are developing a product that is its result. It's a big investment and I'm certain that our natural instinct is to protect.

"That said, one thing is clear (to me) in this thread: what lionstracs is currently trying to sell is little more than a promise:"

Our motive is to present a project that we're developing, establish interaction with an informed community, recieve feedback, learn and make adjustments. The product isn't ready for market so we're not selling it but we're sell ourselves and our philosiphy.

"only few demos available, very low in quality (I am not talking about MP3 quality,"

I thought the demos had some very good qualities and as I admitted in a previous message some bad sounds. Maybe I'll listen to them again. I will recieve an X-76 on November 27 and will test it in my studio. If everything goes well, I'll release some Ron Parker demos by the end of December.

"now seems that they need people collaboration to build addictional sounds database..."

Wrong!

My communication has led you to an entirely wrong perception. To be perfectly clear; Lionstracs does not need help building a Soundfont library.

Because I am capable of producing high quality sound, I assume many of us are and would appreciate the option to include our sounds in the Soundfont library. I proposed to Domencio that he make it possible for users to modify the X-76 Soundfont library. Domenico has responded with a solution.

I'm not sure if I like the solution becaue it will cause me to be a go between for submission to inclusion. Reguardless, I'll give it careful consideration. The pros:
1. evolving and customized Soundfont Library controlled by MS user community
2. participation is optional

The Cons:
1. deciding what's included and what isn't
2. donating my personal time

Reguarding pros; I see no negatives in an evolving library. Does anyone else?

Reguarding cons; deciding what's accepted for inclusion can be done with online polls available to MS users. That's easy. The interesting issue is, copyright infringement.

There's more than one solution for circumventing legal concerns. Run an unofficial Soundfont library that is exchanged with P2P networking tools and amongst users and without Lionstracs involvment. This library would include Lionstracs sounds and user sounds. This might absolve Lionstracs of any copyright infringements.

Or we run an official Lionstracs Soundfont Library but all submissions include the mechanics of accepting an agreement that holds the submitter responsible for copyright infringement ie "I, declare copyright ownership of FILENAME and license it for non-exclusive use and for redistribution in original and modified form..."

My personal time is the only variable that seriously concerns me. If the community effort for modifying the Soundfont library is popular, there will be other people that want to donate time towards maintaining the project. I picture this as a free of monetary costs service where anyone can submit sounds for inclusion.

"I think that the all-software approach will surely make lionstracs a winner. In the long run."

Obviously we're also optomistic but don't forget the MS isn't just a disk based system. There are eleven Lionstracs DSP cards.

"Thanks in advance for any answer."

I didn't have time to answer all your concerns but hopefully my reply will help you trust that we're sincerly interested in providing satisfactory explanations and having a productive relationship. Afterall, anything else is boring and a waste of valuable time.

Well, I gotta go read about Micheal Jackson's newest idiocies.

Ron

Riccardo