Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
Domenik,
Pls make sure the arrangers functions buttons such as the fill, etc are on the left side like the popular arranger keyboards out there and near the playing keys. EKO does not appear to have those, so they ruled themselves out of arranger market !

Price is still way out of my range though. If you get it down to below 2k that will be very good. I don't need 24 inputs, etc - just the basic features like the PSR2100.

Hi
dont worry, all the arranger keys are positioned to the left side.
here you can see the PDF layout of the Mediastation front panel: http://www.lionstracs.com/FrontX76.pdf

One news more, yust today we have tested the first Beta of Linuxsampler and we can read all the GigaStudio .GIG library!
The standard mediastation will shipped with AMD CPU Athlon 2Ghz and had play about 180 Voice with the Linuxsampler! Now you know how much data library you can load, all in realtime.
End this month, Sbenno will testing the AMD 64bit Opteron too and then you will informed of how many MORE sampler Voice and Synth Voice we can offer in this keyboards.
So, you get standard 256 Voice made by Dream DSP hardware, + you can ADD more 2 wavetable 128 Voice each, 180 Voice from Linuxsampler and about 120 Voice from the Softsynth.
In COMBI mode, we can reall 8 Layer sound, from where you want, now you can understand the final impact!
Soon I will post some new mediastation hardware pics, how is made inside ( 11 new own PCB boards, + CPU board AMD!)Of course you can see the 24 stereo IN Mixing PCB too, with the MAIN XRL MIX Out, the Xrl CUE Mix Out...116dB Dynamic range.
We DONT put PC mainboards and some USB controller in one case...
For that system, you need yust buy one standard PC, add the same USB controllers and external TFT Touch screen and you do the same like a lot of company. But is really working in all the parts? May you play in live mode?

Again, to be patience, we are at the NAMM 2004 and then all our words are reality.
cheers