Strangely enough, Yamaha (the ones supposedly selling exclusively to the home user) are the ones that allow the same dealer to stock Motifs AND Tyros's, whereas Roland (apparently the supposed 'pro' keyboard) restricted the sales of the G and E series to Mom and Pop piano and organ dealers, where understandably, they languished in sales compared to the G1000s, etc., that were marketed through regular music dealers...

Roland have made a major marketing blunder since the G70 first came out, firstly, of putting these complex and expensive arrangers exclusively in the hands of a type of dealer that a) usually has NO technically minded staff, and b) is really only interested in selling pianos, with their huge profit margins and commissions to the salesmen.

They THEN compounded this blunder by giving these piano dealers (they mostly handle KR and Atelier Roland products) complete regional exclusivity, and forbidding ANY internet sales, or advertising outside their area. And then to really put the coup de grace on their chances, they did not insist that these stores even stock the product....!

If you can think of a better way to sabotage any product's chances of success, you let me know... (other than rushing it into production before the OS is ready! But that isn't exactly a Roland exclusive, these days )

Only recently have the G70's been demoted/promoted (depends on your viewpoint!) to the regular MI Roland dealers, where they CAN share shelf space with Fantoms, etc.. Not that many dealers still do... (mind you, that problem isn't exactly just a Roland thing ). But that is why you DO see a few more G70s out there, these days. The MI dealers (Guitar Center outsourced quite a few, if I remember rightly) immediately dropped the price nearly a grand (and I don't believe the dealer price changed) and FINALLY put the G70 at a price point that was FAR more reflective of it's capabilities, and way more competitive. And the fact that many have moved to one since those price drops (initially, street price US was @$3500, now they can be found for @$2700), just shows what a boneheaded marketing decision they initially made...

But I still find it strange that T2s and PSRs can be found in 'pro' dealers, whereas E80's can not... Where's the logic in this, if you subscribe to the theory that Yamaha are focussed exclusively on the 'home' user, and Roland are going for the 'pros'?