Your post makes sense to me, Dreamer, and you're so right about this forum being a difficult place to take seriously.

I have directed several of my clients, and a few reps as well, to this site, and they were not impressed...and they did not return.

I have been in several heated discussions on this site, and no one comes away the winner...there are always hurt feelings and egos.

I enjoy sharp wit but not when it becomes a weapon to offend, or to make a person feel that they were dumb to make a certain purchase or to use a certain piece of equipment.

Someone smart enough to have quick wit should also be smart enough to know how to be courteous and civil.

I am a member of several other forums and have rarely experienced the "gear wars" that take place here.

As I said in an earlier post...it's a shame to have to wade through all the crap just to find a few insightful and helpful tips.

That being said, I do enjoy coming here to see who is bickering...lately it's just become amusing to me, especially after experiencing a near death experience a few months ago...it certainly put my priorities in order.

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.