My 2 cents and maybe a bit of a different approach to the discussion. Some of you know that I own both the the Roland G70 and the Yamaha Tyros 2. I'm a part time mediocre musician at best, at times it's more the technology of the keyboard than anything that keeps my interest. That being said, I sometimes have this illusion that using one brand of keyboard vs. another will get me more gigs. WRONG and I know that intellectually, but sometimes reading the hype and opinions here I get fired up and before you know it, I sell a PSR 3000, then purchase a Tyros 2 before you know it there's a G70 sitting in my home studio. Still have a few gigs a month and have bookings into 2008, but nearly as busy as I'd like to be. (and I'm working all the time to change that)

I gotta say I love both the G70 and the T2. Thought I'd sell the T2 and keep the G70, then thought I'd sell the G70 and keep the T2. As of today I'm keeping both.

I did a Ben Franklin balance sheet weighing the pros and cons of each keyboard Each keyboard pretty much came in with tie scores when listing pros and cons. To further assist in making a decision as to which to sell or not sell, I recently recorded samples of 6 songs, each recorded once on the T2 and once on the G70. One of the tunes was recorded 3 times, once on the T2, once on G70 and once using a G70 style converted for use on the T2. I really didn't want a musician who plays an arranger give an opinion because of the obvious bias and their knowledge of what keyboards. I didn't exactly work out that way and to date 5 people 2 who play arrangers and 3 not in the music business have listened to the samples without knowing which keyboard(a 6th person who I'm waiting to hear back from will let me know what they think sounded better later this week). But out of the the 3 non musicians who were asked what sample they like better the voting was close, but the G70 won out by just by a very slight margin. I'm placing a little more weight on non musician opinions because they imho are more representative of an audience.

Bottom line as said here many times " play what makes you and your audiences happy."

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 08-26-2007).]