Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If you have to ASK for a demo to understand why 76 is better than 61, well, ... "You'll NEVER get it". Scott actually ASKING to hear example of stuff using a 76 as if he has no idea what it could be used for... that's just denial!

Diki, calm DOWN & rel-a-x dude!

Reality check time. It's obvious you don't READ my postings very carefully. I NEVER ever ONCE claimed that 76 notes isn't better than 61. Here's exactly what I wrote:

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee 08-22-2007:
I certainly can appreciate the desire for 76 (or better yet 88) keys when playing solo piano , but 61 notes suits me quite fine for strictly ARRANGER MODE playing. Auto accompaniment mode style playing is a totally different style of playing than solo piano. With split point set at F#2, I have 1-1/2 octaves for triggering & voicing full chords with smooth voice leading, in LH, yet still have 3-1/2 octaves for RH melody playing & soloing, of which is only a mere 1/2 octave less than I've got on my Steinway Grand Piano from middle C to the top of the keyboard (high C). For the occasional solo piano style playing songs I do in a night, I'm able to live with 61 keys for the convenience of the smaller form factor & lighter weight keyboard (sorry to have to bring up that sore topic again ) 61 keys offers. If and when I want to dedicate an evening of solo piano performance, I've got the added FLEXIBILITY to add my Roland A33 76 controller and midi it to my Tyros2 KB.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee 08-22-2007:
I think this would be a terrfic opportunity for 76 note keyboard players to SHOWCASE the advantages with an ARRANGER MODE song utilizing 76 keys.

As you can clearly see, I was specifically referring to "arranger mode" playing. I NEVER denied the benefits of 76 keys in solo keyboard playing. That said, I would LOVE the opportunity to appreciate the benefits (in an ARRANGER MODE performed song) which utilizes the full range of 76 keys, as I'm sure there are some songs which would benefit having this.

In conclusion: YES of course, if I had a choice, I certainly would prefer 76 vs 61 keys for the flexibility of being able to play in traditional pianistic style, and better yet, have the kb also include: fully weighted 'hammer action' keys to actually play the way you can on a piano, as even semi weighted keys doesn't allow for truly playing in a pianistic style. That said, to benefit having a far lighter & compact keyboard, I'm finding 61 keys quite acceptable, with the added "flexibility" of midi-ing up my Roland A33 76 note controller when desired.

Diki: It's obvious your priorities different than mine, so nothing less than 76 keys will do for you and I respect that.

If Yamaha ever comes out with a 76 note arranger which can fit in a similar sized case as T2, and not substantially heavier, I will be first on board to buy it, and this is exactly what I advocated & pressed for to Yamaha in my paid consultations with them. What they end up deciding to do is up to them, not me.

Ok Diki, have you calmed down yet?

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-25-2007).]