I told you guys we should have started a pool.

If a keyboard has a 1 year manufacture's warranty it should be honored no matter how many owners it has had during the first year. The same goes true for buying from Synthplanet. The manufacture should guarantee it for the duration of their warrantee regardless of who owns it or where it was purchased. If I buy a Ford that has a 5 year 50000 mile warranty they honor it period, regardless of how many owners it has had or where it was purchased. That is just good business.

The next thing you know is that Yamaha or the other companies won't warrantee their keyboards that are used professionally. They could say that professional use falls outside the realm of normal use. Your homeowners insurance already uses that dodge for professionally used equipment that you keep at home.

I bought my X1 from Don Mason and Bell/Solton honored the remainder of the warranty for me. Their customer service was excellent.

If a store has a 30 day return policy I don't see any reason not to consider that when making a purchase. I would never use that policy as a weekend rental but for something as major as an arranger keyboard I would consider any store that has such a policy to be at an advantage. I've owned my X1 for over two years now and I still am discovering things about it. A simple demo or trial in a store does not work for something as complex and expensive as a top of the line arranger. Most stores don't even have a quiet place where you can sit down with one and really play and listen. Trying to assess an arranger at my nearest Guitar Center is like trying one out in the middle of Wal-Mart. It can't be done on a Saturday morning. I'm thankful that U.D., Donny, DonM, and others try these keyboards first and render their opinions on the forum. They do all the work and I get the benefit. U.D. sell that thing to Don then I can buy it in 9 months.

Tom

Tom