I used to be a health nut. I've gone backwards. I even was vegetarian for six months. My bloodwork was great. I also did low-carb for awhile. My bloodwork was about as good as it can get and I lost weight quickly. I've screwed up for past year or so.

A guy told me one time "Do this. Eat almost nothing from a box. Eat fresh, RAW food a lot. Eat nuts." Sounds pretty right-on.

What's funny to me is how people think just because humans (in their particular society) have done something a certain way during their lifetime... that that is the way it should be. Nope, not necessarily. American Heart Association, they don't win any awards from me. I personally think their advice for decades was BAD wrong.

I do subscribe to the idea that all of the carbs in our (USA) diet is the biggest part of our problem.

By the way, 20 years ago, a nutrition scientist told me that all of that talk that eggs are bad for you because of the high cholesterol. He told me that's wrong. That eggs contain lecithin and it counteracts the high cholesterol. That there have been people who have eaten massive quantities of eggs every day and their cholesterol doesn't go up. I dunno but he is a very smart man and very conscientious.

I wonder if I could find someone around here who sells yard eggs. I haven't seen a sign for that in many years. Wow, times change. Kids don't even know where milk comes from anymore.